Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cancel....Need some help finding Timing Markings on Impeller
9144me2enjoy
post Dec 3 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,240
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Cancel: Found the answers on 914 Valve Adjustment guide....Question: I have a 2270 Raby engine which I’m changing out the distributor upgrading to a 123Ignition. Ive went through the normal steps Ive used before on other Type IV Air-cooled engines 1)Jacking up the D/S wheel up off the ground and removing the #1 plug-putting a pencil eraser end first inside the plug hole to watch for when it reaches top compression, pulled the distributor cap (turns clockwise) to watch when rotor is pointing towards #1 plug wire. I found the notch in the stationary top above the impeller but can’t locate the mark on the impeller as I turn it around! I don’t know exactly what all Raby changes with his engine builds but one would think this would be elementary to have a good marking on the impeller for timing etc. Any suggestions? I initially found TDC by just removing the #1 plug and turning the engine over till i felt the piston at the top compression and the rotor was pointing towards the #1 wire on the distributor but I couldn’t find my marking on the impeller so usually I could be possibly 180 degrees out! Suggestions. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 10:11 PM