Cancel: Found the answers on 914 Valve Adjustment guide....Question: I have a 2270 Raby engine which I’m changing out the distributor upgrading to a 123Ignition. Ive went through the normal steps Ive used before on other Type IV Air-cooled engines 1)Jacking up the D/S wheel up off the ground and removing the #1 plug-putting a pencil eraser end first inside the plug hole to watch for when it reaches top compression, pulled the distributor cap (turns clockwise) to watch when rotor is pointing towards #1 plug wire. I found the notch in the stationary top above the impeller but can’t locate the mark on the impeller as I turn it around! I don’t know exactly what all Raby changes with his engine builds but one would think this would be elementary to have a good marking on the impeller for timing etc. Any suggestions? I initially found TDC by just removing the #1 plug and turning the engine over till i felt the piston at the top compression and the rotor was pointing towards the #1 wire on the distributor but I couldn’t find my marking on the impeller so usually I could be possibly 180 degrees out! Suggestions. Thanks