Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Additional air valve electric power consumption ?, can it hinder the startup ?
CheeRS
post Dec 7 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,093
Region Association: France

Bonsoir,
in january I will do a three-days rally race in the snow in the coldest region of France and the coldest in Europe, the record is -46C. The starts are difficult. On my 914 I had found the electric wire from the additional air valve plugged out. keeping in mind the car ran before I was the owner of the historic Monte Carlo Rally (in winter and the snow)I asked myself if this wire was unplugged to save start power .
Do you how may Ampere this valve ask for ?
Could I imagine a system with a switch to turn it off at the starting and just after put it on to warm and close slowly the additional air flow ?
Thanks

CheeRs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 7 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Any power saved would be minuscule. I'd try plugging it in if you have enough time and see what the difference is. I would suspect it would start easier.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Dec 7 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Can you confirm it is working? ,it may have been sticking open so wasn't connected ,the one I recently tested didn't stay open for long,power it up and see if you can blow thru it,power to wire and ground to mounting bracket
They can be cleaned without pulling apart,pretty simple part really but you need to retain it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:51 PM