Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> SOLD 914 in Bozeman Montana, 1974 1.8
Gmacmt
post Dec 28 2019, 06:27 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,773
Region Association: None

SOLD

Found a -6 project I couldn’t pass up on, and selling a 914 I actually bought last week.

It is a 1974 with what I believe is a 1.8. Recent work to fuel injection system and fuel lines. I’ve cold started it down to 10*F and it just required a couple cranks. No smoke on startup or anything alarming and plenty of power. Pulled hard to 70 when I drove it home.

Original paint is yellow, currently sports a “painted in a shed red” 15 foot job. Would probably clean up with a cut and buff but will never be ready for the concourse without a lot of love.

Clean Montana title, but I think it’s from california and Nevada based on oral history and stickers/receipts on the car. Extremely little rust. Hell hole appears solid. Apart from some surface rust in spots the car seems clean, but I wouldn’t say completely rust free as there is some surface corrosion around places like the battery tray and inside the back seam of the rear trunk.

It’s a great candidate to be a driver, bought it from a guy in town who had it stored in a barn for years so it needs some work with the brakes at a minimum to get this thing on the road daily. Like the ad says, it’s got a stuck caliper that I’m assuming is from a corroded piston, I haven’t dug into it yet.

Body is pretty good, some dents and dings but nothing too remarkable as it sits. It looks like there may be a bit of bondo on the passenger rear fender around the wheel opening.

Here is a link to the ad I have up for it. Interior is all there, but dirty with cracked dash and windshield. I have 3k into it, and would extend that deal to forum members.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/d/bozema...7045716117.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Gmacmt   SOLD 914 in Bozeman Montana   Dec 28 2019, 06:27 PM
Craigers17   PM Sent.   Dec 29 2019, 06:45 AM
tailwind22   When you have a chance tell us a bit about your si...   Dec 29 2019, 09:26 AM
Gmacmt   When you have a chance tell us a bit about your s...   Dec 29 2019, 12:14 PM
Gmacmt   Sold   Dec 29 2019, 12:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:03 PM