Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Porsche 914 1.8 L doesn't want to start with petrol? Wrong distributor without negative pressure to blame?
Leon.paradise
post Dec 30 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,780
Region Association: None

Hello I am from Germany and hope that someone from you can finally help me. Unfortunately I have not found anyone who could help me. This year I bought an American Porsche 914, 1.8 L, with 76 HP, which is original and has not been moved since 1997 and has never driven in Europe. It is a project the car has an L-Jetronic injection system. I have already exchanged a lot to start the engine with petrol, unfortunately without success until now. It wanted to ignite with Spray Gas, but not with gasoline. The following components were rinsed out or tried out: new tank, power pump, lines, filters, injection nozzles, ultrasound cleaned, other control unit, wiring harness measured perfectly, new spark plugs. Spark is there. Air mass meter supposedly OK. I have the 7 pin connector. But the car is not running. I have been looking for the mistake since May. In Germany almost no L-Jetronic only drive D-Tronic or carburettors. Question to you, you can also operate the Porsche L-Jetronic with 009 distributor without vacuum socket. Or does he necessarily need an ignition distributor with a vacuum socket. Now I have the distributor (0231 178 009). Did you find out that it is unsuitable? Since it works on carburetors and not on L-jetronic? I have now bought a (022905205S) because it was originally installed ex works? Ask for help and your answers. Greetings Leon

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:38 PM