Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Powder coat on Triad muffler
Olympic 914
post Jan 20 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

Just dropped my muffler off at the local powder coat shop. One guy there expressed concern with the heat and another thought it would be ok.

I don't really know how hot the Triad muffler gets while running. I do have the SS HEs. so some cooling of the exhaust is happening before it gets to the muffler portion.

don't have any ceramic coating places around that I am aware of, or I would go that route.

Has anyone had their Triad, or other muffler powder coated ? An I just asking for problems here?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DRPHIL914
post Jan 21 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I cleaned mine up and stripped off old stuff and then did high heat primer and high heat silver metallic paint - 2 years ago and so far absolutely no pealing or bubbling- still like I just did it. Takes some work - you could ceramic coat it , Jet Hot Coat or such or what Mark suggested. I did it myself, so far so good
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Jan 21 2020, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 21 2020, 10:10 AM) *

I cleaned mine up and stripped off old stuff and then did high heat primer and high heat silver metallic paint - 2 years ago and so far absolutely no pealing or bubbling- still like I just did it. Takes some work - you could ceramic coat it , Jet Hot Coat or such or what Mark suggested. I did it myself, so far so good

I was hoping you would chime in. I saw yours and it looked good. I thought you had it ceramic coated.

I have used the high heat VHT paint and the back was getting chipped up, probably from the stones hitting it. For now I am going with the high heat powder coat. I originally wanted to do it in a silver color, but they only have the high heat in a satin black. supposed to be good for 800 deg. so that's what I will get.

Considered the Jet Hot Coat because of the availability of silver color. That may be an option for another year or so if this doesn't pan out. for now I didn't want to ship out my muffler to have it done.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:01 AM