Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: HAPPY 4TH, Time to remember
jimtab
post Jul 4 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

Since the 4th of July is my only son's birthday, and since he'll be off with his buddies and wife tomorrow, I got to thinking about the 4th of July celebration.

I'm gonna wish the whole damn country a Happy Birthday tomorrow, yes even the Red states. I'm sick of all the divisiveness, I'll never see any redeeming qualities in Bush and his crowd but if we as Americans don't get our shit together soon, were gonna be screwed.

While we piss all our money and "National Will" on nation building and regime change ( being the "cop" for the world) we're managing to make more enemies and less friends, not everyone wants to be told how to run their respective countries. Hell, how would the average American react if we were told to do this or that....how have we reacted to international criticism of our actions in the past?

I guess my birthday wish for the country is to get over our concerns about what makes us different one from the other, and begin to focus on what makes us alike. I believe the American people are basically good and have good intentions but we need to stop listening to the fearmongerers and political hacks who would have us support their political "agendas" which are usually designed to line thieir pockets, or those of their friends(Republican and Democrats alike). I'd very much like to see us get back to real values, the ones I remember from when I was a kid. Values like telling the truth even when it shows we screwed up. Helping a friend or a stranger just because it's the right thing to do. Caring about people just because they share the same planet. And, most of all, take care of those around us, take a little time to talk to someone face to face, not on the cell phone or like this on the web. If we all try to be just a little bit more "personal" with each other and actually listen to what is being said....not what you expect to be said, hell, I don't know...maybe we can take a breath before we completely foul the nest.

Happy 4th gang, do something nice for someone tomorrow, and yourself too!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jimtab   OT: HAPPY 4TH   Jul 4 2005, 01:10 AM
neo914-6   Eat, Drink, and be Merry! I sure will...   Jul 4 2005, 01:36 AM
wheelo   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/h...   Jul 4 2005, 02:13 AM
cooltimes   Interesting to see response count and number view...   Jul 4 2005, 01:22 PM
RAR   This thread will be bounced shortly as it is a pol...   Jul 4 2005, 02:13 PM
Hawktel   We have a awesome country. The Division is in you...   Jul 4 2005, 02:20 PM
redshift   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/h...   Jul 4 2005, 02:38 PM
BPGREER     Jul 4 2005, 02:59 PM
J P Stein   CAn't you guys just "Happy birthday to US" & g...   Jul 4 2005, 03:05 PM
black73   ...   Jul 4 2005, 04:12 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:02 PM