Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: HAPPY 4TH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
Since the 4th of July is my only son's birthday, and since he'll be off with his buddies and wife tomorrow, I got to thinking about the 4th of July celebration.

I'm gonna wish the whole damn country a Happy Birthday tomorrow, yes even the Red states. I'm sick of all the divisiveness, I'll never see any redeeming qualities in Bush and his crowd but if we as Americans don't get our shit together soon, were gonna be screwed.

While we piss all our money and "National Will" on nation building and regime change ( being the "cop" for the world) we're managing to make more enemies and less friends, not everyone wants to be told how to run their respective countries. Hell, how would the average American react if we were told to do this or that....how have we reacted to international criticism of our actions in the past?

I guess my birthday wish for the country is to get over our concerns about what makes us different one from the other, and begin to focus on what makes us alike. I believe the American people are basically good and have good intentions but we need to stop listening to the fearmongerers and political hacks who would have us support their political "agendas" which are usually designed to line thieir pockets, or those of their friends(Republican and Democrats alike). I'd very much like to see us get back to real values, the ones I remember from when I was a kid. Values like telling the truth even when it shows we screwed up. Helping a friend or a stranger just because it's the right thing to do. Caring about people just because they share the same planet. And, most of all, take care of those around us, take a little time to talk to someone face to face, not on the cell phone or like this on the web. If we all try to be just a little bit more "personal" with each other and actually listen to what is being said....not what you expect to be said, hell, I don't know...maybe we can take a breath before we completely foul the nest.

Happy 4th gang, do something nice for someone tomorrow, and yourself too!
neo914-6
Eat, Drink, and be Merry! I sure will... chowtime.gif beerchug.gif flag.gif

Jim, you no longer have a "Brasilia" laugh.gif
wheelo
agree.gif

Well- said JT... we need to pull our collective head's out of our behinds...

God save the King.... and the US of A ....

flag.gif

Happy 4th !!!

- M
cooltimes
Interesting to see response count and number viewed about Independance Day 2005, 4th of July.
It was OT and said so but this is our Nations birthday we are discussing, past and future.

I never intend to take a side on an issue that is Democrat, Republican or whoever but am very concerned about the trend of American division. I never knew we had Red and Blue states until Mr. Bush and company pointed it out. I never knew that voicing my opinion made me liberal or conservative. I always thought that when I expressed an opinion it was because I had that right as an American to do so. When someone has an oppossing opinion, that too is their right as long as they understand it is just their own single opinion the same as mine rather than attempting to bash me.

When any citizen or politician, whether highest office all the way down to the lowest office, tells Americans they are NOT being supportive of our military, whether at home or abroad, because we don't support the political agenda, mistruths and blunders this leader has straight lined us into, they are wrong.

September 11, 2001. The one who did that ain't even from Iraq but Saudi Arabia who are now allowing us to buy their oil, via ad hoc corporations and political connections who support any and all wars.

Mike Cooley
Memphis

Of course there will be those who slash at me
RAR
This thread will be bounced shortly as it is a political discussion.
However, may I suggest we all start voting our wallets (as we used to), and not some political agenda. Do this not out of greed, but out of the notion that taking care of one's family is dependent upon having a living income that alloys you to own a house, put food on the table, send children to college, and have time to spend with family because you don't have to work constantly to survive. End poverty in this country first, then the rest of the world. Many of us do well, but not all our neighbors do. We all have the desire for prosperity in common. Then we can help other nations.

...that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.
Hawktel
We have a awesome country.

The Division is in your mind, we are all Americans, from the Blue to the Red.

Now its time to go follow some of T.J.s advice from 200 years ago, go eat some food, say a prayer, and set off some fireworks.
redshift
party.gif

Happy Birthday America!

I am all for nuking anyone who looks at US funny! smile.gif

M
BPGREER
Interesting to see response count and number viewed about Independance Day 2005, 4th of July.
It was OT and said so but this is our Nations birthday we are discussing, past and future.

I was not going to post here because I don't want to comment on the political statements (shame on you spank.gif ), but it is the 4th of July.
I think this is a great time for everyone to reflect on what our country is, was, and should be in the future. It certainly has come a long way (good or bad) from the nation our founding fathers created. We're each guided by our own principles, which need not be compromised to make others "feel good." I hope everyone has a great holiday, but please take a moment to consider the amazing accomplishments and sacrafices Americans have made over the past 200+ years to allow you to live in this great country. God Bless America! (Uh-Oh I think that was political and religious)
J P Stein
CAn't you guys just "Happy birthday to US" & get on with it. Must you interject your inane political bullshit on us.....I, for one, could give a shit about your political bent .
black73
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jul 4 2005, 04:05 PM)
CAn't you guys just "Happy birthday to US" & get on with it. Must you interject your inane political bullshit on us.....I, for one, could give a shit about your political bent .

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.