Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 915 Transmission Issue
sharper
post Jan 25 2020, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 789
Region Association: South East States

So my 914 is a converted 6 cylinder with a 915 transmission and Boxster shifter and cables. I went to a car meet this morning and it felt like the rear brakes were locked up when I tried to back into a spot. Luckily I was able to pull forward and park (felt like the brakes released). However, on the way home I realized it was the tranny acting up. It shifted fine up through the gears but I couldn't get it into gears when downshifting. When I came to a stop, I had a hard time getting it into 1st; but then it shifted fine up through the gears. I'm hoping it is something as simple as an issue in the linkage since this cable set up isn't the best. Maybe the cables got loose somewhere along the way.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had some thoughts on whats going on and what else I may need to look at when I decide to climb under there to fix it. Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 07:49 PM