Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
Larmo63
post Mar 24 2020, 07:00 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 23 2020, 04:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 22 2020, 11:31 PM) *

Have you seen the rust buckets TDSkip buys? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) You wouldn't want him to do a PPI for you.

Get your money back and keep saving for the right car.

BHCC has a bad name, I don't care what anybody says.

Assuming you are kidding, because otherwise you are kind of being obnoxious not to mention just wrong. I like saving cars and don’t mind metal work, that doesn’t mean I don’t know that I am buying and why. I’ve put four back on the road (with lots of coaching from the community here)....

Kidding you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) , not kidding about BHCC.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 25 2020, 03:03 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

Yesterday another page was added to this never ending story.

Sunday I mailed BHCC with an proposal that they keep 5% of the purchase value and cancel the deal. They refused. Yesterday the said the papers weren in to file for a new title. I have actually seen a document this time and it was indeed dated on 03/23/2020.

Like you already know, at this time I lost all interest in the car. So I made them a new proposal to pay 10% of the purchase price. Waiting on their response right now.

Hopefully they will accept that offer. If not I will sit this out and try to sell the car once it's here. If it ever does...
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 25 2020, 07:01 AM
Post #123

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

04? As in April? That would make the title like a post dated check. Worthless...sorry for your woes. BHCC has you by the short hairs.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 25 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #124

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 25 2020, 05:01 AM) *

04? As in April? That would make the title like a post dated check. Worthless...sorry for your woes. BHCC has you by the short hairs.

Sorry 3. Fixed it.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 25 2020, 09:36 AM
Post #125

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Can someone post pictures of the car underneath? It looks pretty nice externally.
+Quote Post
mrholland2
post Mar 25 2020, 09:41 AM
Post #126

Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1974-po...914-c-10551.htm

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 25 2020, 08:36 AM) *

Can someone post pictures of the car underneath? It looks pretty nice externally.

+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 25 2020, 09:46 AM
Post #127

914 Guru

Gosh doesn't look that bad.. I don't recall seeing a price but looks like a door jamb, maybe hell hole and trunk floor.. I am sure they will come through on this sale as the market is tanked worldwide.. They need to make the sale..
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 25 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #128

Unless I've read it wrong, they already have the money. The stall is on the title and then what ever is involved with transport to Long Beach(?) and then wherever in Europe. I would not fancy that ordeal one bit. The rust stains weeping out the bottom from behind the rockers is disheartening.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Mar 25 2020, 02:39 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

WOW! read the post update...
+Quote Post
jagalyn
post Mar 25 2020, 03:00 PM
Post #130

True Patina

Member No.: 5,503
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:46 AM) *

Gosh doesn't look that bad.. I don't recall seeing a price but looks like a door jamb, maybe hell hole and trunk floor.. I am sure they will come through on this sale as the market is tanked worldwide.. They need to make the sale..

Rust Everywhere.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 25 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #131

914 Guru

Man that's nothing.. Have you seen my thread @bbrock or @superhawk996 threads? Its not terribly bad for this day an age.
+Quote Post
jagalyn
post Mar 25 2020, 05:37 PM
Post #132

True Patina

Member No.: 5,503

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 25 2020, 02:22 PM) *

Man that's nothing.. Have you seen my thread @bbrock or @superhawk996 threads? Its not terribly bad for this day an age.

Yep... Especially for you. You've got the skills.

But, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If rust is coming though in so many places, it's only going to get deeper and deeper once you dig into it. And that is not knowing anything about the hell hole or the longs.

Would be better to find a solid body needing mechanical help... that's all.
+Quote Post
RenoRoger
post Mar 25 2020, 10:22 PM
Post #133

Member No.: 12,370
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Feb 13 2020, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 13 2020, 07:09 AM) *

If you have all the pictures, post them here for honest feedback. Lots of threads on BHCC, but I don't remember seeing one on this car. Naturally people post the crappy one's for entertainment.

Most can be found here: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1974-po...914-c-10551.htm

Any dealer or private party that accepts payment for a car that is to be registered and driven without being able to furnish a clean transferable title is dishonest. This transaction needs to be reversed. The dealer needs to be reported to the DMV and the Attorney General of California for appropriate action.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 26 2020, 06:07 AM
Post #134

QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Mar 25 2020, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Feb 13 2020, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 13 2020, 07:09 AM) *

If you have all the pictures, post them here for honest feedback. Lots of threads on BHCC, but I don't remember seeing one on this car. Naturally people post the crappy one's for entertainment.

Most can be found here: https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1974-po...914-c-10551.htm

Any dealer or private party that accepts payment for a car that is to be registered and driven without being able to furnish a clean transferable title is dishonest. This transaction needs to be reversed. The dealer needs to be reported to the DMV and the Attorney General of California for appropriate action.

And do you have source of this?
Because right now I can't find anything like that on the site of the DMV, nor can I find something like that on any consumer advise sites.

As long as I don't have anything written to prove otherwise I have no real leverage on them.

That's my main issue right now. Everybody is helping me with good advice on what to to, but there is never any confirmation or source what could be used as leverage.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 26 2020, 07:51 AM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Mar 25 2020, 11:22 PM) *

@RenoRoger - we've been over this, it is a different situation and making blanket statement that don't apply doesn't help anyone.

@911GT2 - you either wait or find something in California law that applies, otherwise you throw money at it. While unfortunate this isn't unprecedented by any means and unless you can show bad faith or a huge (like year not weeks) amount of time without performance you are stuck with your deal.

What would be helpful is if there is anything in the California statutes that gives a dealer a time window, regardless of the cause of the delay, to delivery title on a preowned car. I've never had to track that down, if anyone has a specific statutory reference please post it.

I'll look this morning.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 26 2020, 08:02 AM
Post #136

Advanced Member

Well this took all of 30 seconds on Google to find.

I am not an attorney, but it appears this transaction is covered by the following statute. I'd suggest anyone wanting to make an inflammatory statement read this and then carefully re-read section D before posting.

Vehicle Code - VEH
DIVISION 3. REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES AND CERTIFICATES OF TITLE [4000 - 9808] ( Division 3 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

CHAPTER 2. Transfers of Title or Interest [5600 - 6105] ( Chapter 2 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/co...sectionNum=5753

(a) It is unlawful for any person to fail or neglect properly to endorse, date, and deliver the certificate of ownership and, when having possession, to deliver the registration card to a transferee who is lawfully entitled to a transfer of registration.

(b) Except when the certificate of ownership is demanded in writing by a purchaser, a vehicle dealer licensed under this code shall satisfy the delivery requirement of this section by submitting appropriate documents and fees to the department for transfer of registration in accordance with Sections 5906 and 4456 of this code and rules and regulations promulgated thereunder.

© (1) Within 15 business days after receiving payment in full for the satisfaction of a security interest and a written instrument signed by the grantor of the security interest designating the transferee and authorizing release of the legal owner’s interest, the legal owner shall release its security interest and mail, transmit, or deliver the vehicle’s certificate of ownership to the transferee who, due to satisfaction of the security interest, is lawfully entitled to the transfer of legal ownership.

(2) If a lease provides a lessee with the option to purchase the leased vehicle, within 15 business days after receiving payment in full for the purchase, and all documents necessary to effect the transfer, the lessor shall mail, transmit, or deliver the vehicle’s certificate of ownership to the transferee, who, due to purchase of the vehicle, is lawfully entitled to the transfer of legal ownership.

(d) The certificate of ownership delivered pursuant to subdivision © shall be signed by the legal owner or lessor to reflect release of the legal owner’s interest or transfer of the lessor’s interest in the vehicle or accompanied by a form provided by the department to accomplish the same result and signed by the legal owner or lessor. If the legal owner or lessor is not in possession or control of the certificate of ownership, the legal owner or lessor shall, within the time provided in subdivision © for the mailing, transmittal, or delivery of the certificate of ownership, take any action required by the department to release the legal owner’s security interest or transfer the lessor’s interest in the vehicle and within that time shall mail, transmit, or deliver written notice of its taking that action to the transferee.

(e) A legal owner or lessor that fails to satisfy the requirements of subdivisions © and (d), shall, without offset or reduction, pay the transferee twenty-five dollars ($25) per day for each day that the requirements of subdivisions © and (d) remain unsatisfied, not to exceed a maximum payment of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500). If the legal owner or lessor fails to pay this amount within 60 days following written demand by the transferee, the amount shall be trebled, not to exceed a maximum payment of seven thousand five hundred dollars ($7,500), and the transferee shall be entitled to costs and reasonable attorneys fees incurred in any court action brought to collect the payment. The right to recover these payments is cumulative with and is not in substitution or derogation of any remedy otherwise available at law or equity.

(f) A legal owner, upon written request of the transferee, shall disclose any pertinent information regarding the amount of payment and the documents necessary to release the obligation secured by the legal owner’s interest.
(Amended by Stats. 2003, Ch. 151, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2004.)
+Quote Post
rjames
post Mar 26 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #137

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I hate legal speak. Totally excludes a segment of the population from understanding their rights (that includes me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ).

So does that all of that mean that they had 15 days to get the title before incurring monetary penalties? If yes, that time has passed.

+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 26 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #138

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 26 2020, 11:10 AM) *

I hate legal speak. Totally excludes a segment of the population from understanding their rights (that includes me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ).

So does that all of that mean that they had 15 days to get the title before incurring monetary penalties? If yes, that time has passed.

Good morning. Don't think so, I read it as (and I may well be wrong) that as long as they are making an effort in the 15 days to secure a title they are within the provisions.
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 26 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #139

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 26 2020, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 26 2020, 11:10 AM) *

Good morning. Don't think so, I read it as (and I may well be wrong) that as long as they are making an effort in the 15 days to secure a title they are within the provisions.

Need a lawyer for the final say so. I read it as they have 15 days after reciept of payment as rjames does to tranfer title or they begin incurring penalty.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 26 2020, 10:57 AM
Post #140

Where's a lawyer when you need one? So many? Perhaps not helpful. I don't get if BHCC secured(changed title. Or some California rule exemption) from the seller to them. They can take payment on a car that is not titled to the LLC?
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:14 PM