Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
Tdskip
post Mar 26 2020, 11:02 AM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

".. take any action required by the department to release the legal owner’s security interest or transfer the lessor’s interest in the vehicle and within that time shall mail, transmit, or deliver written notice of its taking that action to the transferee."

Pretty sure this says they need to take action within 15 days and inform the buyer, they've done that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 26 2020, 11:12 AM
Post #142

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

That makes BHCC more of a consignment shop rather than a dealership? The meter starts running when a buyer comes forward?

There's lessons to be learned. Makes well represented private party cars here a lot less work.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 26 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #143

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

Yeah so the main question is what counts as 'the certificate of ownership' because I think they could do that if it weren't a NY title.

So what they did is sold me a car with a title that couldn't be used for me and then started fixing it.

Not sure if that counts as not transferring the title? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Update:
The reaction of BHCC:
I understand what you are saying however it is not that I have the title and I’m not giving it to you. I’m waiting for DMV to send me the title. Same entity who came up with the rule which you sent me. They are the ones who are delaying the process. And now they are using coronavirus excuse. Believe me if it was in my hand it was done long time ago. Unfraternally I have to wait for same government who makes up these rules.
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 26 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #144

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428

$200 to consult with a lawyer would be well spent to understand CA law and your rights IMHO unless we have one on the board that can step up and chime in.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 26 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #145

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 26 2020, 12:00 PM) *

$200 to consult with a lawyer would be well spent to understand CA law and your rights IMHO unless we have one on the board that can step up and chime in.

I tried calling some... They won't return my calls.
At it again later today!
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 26 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #146

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 26 2020, 12:12 PM) *

That makes BHCC more of a consignment shop rather than a dealership? The meter starts running when a buyer comes forward?

There's lessons to be learned. Makes well represented private party cars here a lot less work.

@rhodyguy - hope you are doing well. Don't think so, issue is specific to this car and interaction of NY/CA laws over exporting the car. If this was a inside USA transaction they would have just handed the existing title over at time of sale and this thread would never have happened.

My Jensen purchase, as I noted elsewhere, was super easy and totally normal.

+Quote Post
djway
post Mar 26 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #147

Member No.: 19,266
Region Association: Southern California

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/dmv/offic...tigationsoffice
DMV Investigations
After one to this office I had enough information that the dealer was going to owe me money. Problem went away.
Good place to start.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM
Post #148

Ok so here we go.

It's been frustrating and exhausting and to be honest I had some support from an absolute legend @ValcoOscar who went to BHCC himself to check the yellow and Silver car out for me. Without him this wouldn't be possible. But I can finally say I'm out of the yellow car and upgraded to the silver car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Also a shoutout to @jagalyn for putting this (rather expensive) solution in my head. Better if you never meet my wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

I know the paint isn't a perfect paint job, and there already has been said a lot about it over on BAT, but structurally it's sound, it's got the 2.0L engine and it's got the chrome bumpers and fuchs wheels, all options I value very much.

I'm not so keen on the silver, maybe it grows on me maybe it doesn't for me the most important thing was to get a car which has papers and no rust and this car ticks both those boxes.

I'm not saying I'll sell it when it gets here, but I'm also not saying I'm not. I'm deeper in this car then I would like to be, but some life lessons come at a price I guess.

Hopefully the car can get shipped out soon. There is no reason why it shouldn't.

thanks everybody in this topic for your input and feedback in this whole ordeal. It's finally looking up!
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 31 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Progress I suppose, hope it works out. If the silver one does need to go away a know a number of us will help as we can if it needs a replacement.

Hope you are doing well!
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 31 2020, 11:59 AM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Awesome work for all those involved in getting this handled. I think you will be money ahead by not having to do the very expensive rust repair that the yellow car needed.

Congrats
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 31 2020, 12:07 PM
Post #151

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Great community. Glad you're on a path that you're satisfied with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Mar 31 2020, 12:08 PM
Post #152

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

A lot of people have said it before but Oscar @ValcoOscar is a stand up guy.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 31 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #153

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Yet another example of how this community sticks together. Oscar is the 914 Ambassador no doubt. If he runs for President, I am voting for him! I am so glad this worked out and though you might be in it deeper than you wished, in the end you will be miles and miles ahead of the game. Congratulations and I hope this 914 ships quickly and is in your hands ASAP. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Mar 31 2020, 12:49 PM
Post #154

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

Say what you want about BHMC. We all have our opinions.
In my experience, Adam (Owner) treated me with the utmost respect and was very accommodating once he knew why I was calling. Never blew me off and even personally followed up with me throughout the day to coordinate inspection appointment.
He arraigned an after hour inspection of cars without time limits. I also dealt with David Salas their Sales manager who also was very pleasant to deal with. I saw a video of their facility but to be honest I was blown away by the number of cars, most in barn find condition yet others pristine. Many six figure exotics. Their facility was neat and organized. Hope Naud a happy ending!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Oscar

+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Mar 31 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #155

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 31 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #156

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

And the Oscar legend continues.
I’m very glad it worked out for everyone involved.

Drive the car a bit before you make up your mind. Hopefully you will find the perfect winding road and have a great experience. If it doesn’t speak to you, at least you have a great car to sell.

+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 31 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #157

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM) *

Drive the car a bit before you make up your mind. Hopefully you will find the perfect winding road and have a great experience. If it doesn’t speak to you, at least you have a great car to sell.

I sure will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 31 2020, 02:11 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2020, 11:13 AM) *

I sure will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Excellent!
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Mar 31 2020, 02:33 PM
Post #159

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Nice to see this story have a happy ending! What a long pain in the ass road though, sheese!

I like silver 914's.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Mar 31 2020, 02:42 PM
Post #160

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 31 2020, 10:13 AM) *

Ok so here we go.

It's been frustrating and exhausting and to be honest I had some support from an absolute legend @ValcoOscar who went to BHCC himself to check the yellow and Silver car out for me. Without him this wouldn't be possible. But I can finally say I'm out of the yellow car and upgraded to the silver car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Also a shoutout to @jagalyn for putting this (rather expensive) solution in my head. Better if you never meet my wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

I know the paint isn't a perfect paint job, and there already has been said a lot about it over on BAT, but structurally it's sound, it's got the 2.0L engine and it's got the chrome bumpers and fuchs wheels, all options I value very much.

I'm not so keen on the silver, maybe it grows on me maybe it doesn't for me the most important thing was to get a car which has papers and no rust and this car ticks both those boxes.

I'm not saying I'll sell it when it gets here, but I'm also not saying I'm not. I'm deeper in this car then I would like to be, but some life lessons come at a price I guess.

Hopefully the car can get shipped out soon. There is no reason why it shouldn't.

thanks everybody in this topic for your input and feedback in this whole ordeal. It's finally looking up!

My car was a very faded silver 75. I liked the silver, but i liked blue better. You can always paint it someday, unless your one of those concourse guys. Finding a semi rust free car is more important!!
Attached Image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:37 PM