Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
Coondog
post Feb 13 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

Lots of rust my friend, good luck.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dt4
post Feb 13 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 23,161
Region Association: England

beige / brown interior - nice
I imported a car last year also but in my case I bought from a member of the club so had the easiest experience possible.

well done for finding the car, do you have more pictures, especially of the interior?

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 13 2020, 12:26 PM
Post #23

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

hey I just wanted to say that this isn't too bad from what we can see, I don't see under the rockers or full hell hole pictures but it could be way worse! I had way more floor pan and long rust than that and my hell hole was solid. But I still spent about $15,000 all told on all the rust repair, body work and repaint etc. but I only pain $2500 for my car. This will be a nice car and if you can and it runs, as long as brakes are good and body is safe, then drive it and enjoy it for a bit and then get working on some other stuff. Just realize it will be a project. Have fun, enjoy it, you have some people in your area that can direct you to trustworthy body and mechanics. Welcome and keep posting pictures etc of your project once you get the car let us know!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Feb 13 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 13 2020, 10:26 AM) *

hey I just wanted to say that this isn't too bad from what we can see, I don't see under the rockers or full hell hole pictures but it could be way worse! I had way more floor pan and long rust than that and my hell hole was solid. But I still spent about $15,000 all told on all the rust repair, body work and repaint etc. but I only pain $2500 for my car. This will be a nice car and if you can and it runs, as long as brakes are good and body is safe, then drive it and enjoy it for a bit and then get working on some other stuff. Just realize it will be a project. Have fun, enjoy it, you have some people in your area that can direct you to trustworthy body and mechanics. Welcome and keep posting pictures etc of your project once you get the car let us know!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

That is exactly my plan.

I buy these cars to enjoy and drive them. My Westy is a driver to.

Not perfect, but good enough to have fun. And in time some repairs come. That's within expectations.

This is the westy.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914forme
post Feb 13 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #25

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

I'm going to say enjoy the car. You are going into it with the right attitude, congratulations.

Since you are shipping and if you could, have someone do a post purchase inspection, and get all the parts you might need placed in all the open spaces that car has before going in the container to be shipped over.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Feb 13 2020, 05:48 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hello from the Pacific Northwest
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Feb 13 2020, 06:02 PM
Post #27

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

Nice Westy. What kind of wheels are on it?
+Quote Post
914forme
post Feb 13 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #28

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

ATS cookie cutters
+Quote Post
jagalyn
post Feb 14 2020, 02:30 AM
Post #29

True Patina

Member No.: 5,503

Best wishes with your new car... enjoy.
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Feb 14 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #30

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Just keep thinking positive. Anything is repairable with enough enthusiasm (and time and money).
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Feb 15 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #31

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

Just curious, did you consider asking for a PPI here? Many folks are willing to help out.

Hope all works out well for you.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Feb 15 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 15 2020, 10:33 AM) *

Just curious, did you consider asking for a PPI here? Many folks are willing to help out.

Hope all works out well for you.

Sadly I have not. I couldn't have imagined someone would do that.

I'm amazed at the 914 spirit.

Well buying the 914 is water under the bridge, can't change that now. Let's hope for the best. If not, my mother always told me, "it's only money and that can be replaced".
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 03:02 AM
Post #33

I'm still waiting on the title to be changed.

Since the car was on a New York title there is a problem to export the car. A new law prevents NY cars to be exported.

But the proces of changing the title seems to take forever? Is the California DMV so slow? It's been over two weeks? I don't know what is normal for this process.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 6 2020, 03:50 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the Calif DMV, CHP or AAA have to confirm VIN numbers to register a out of state car.

If so that process is fairly simple, the RED flag for me would be that the Beverly Hills people never changed the title on the car from NY to Calif.

Question....Where is your car right now ???

+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Mar 6 2020, 05:55 AM
Post #35

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 6 2020, 01:50 AM) *

Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the Calif DMV, CHP or AAA have to confirm VIN numbers to register a out of state car.

If so that process is fairly simple, the RED flag for me would be that the Beverly Hills people never changed the title on the car from NY to Calif.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) NO California title without VIN verification.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I see a potential problem if car is already shipped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)

Oscar

+Quote Post
Porschef
post Mar 6 2020, 06:24 AM
Post #36

How you doin'

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

This should be interesting, maybe not in a good way. It is a political issue, I believe NY has begun issuing licenses without certain IDs and that’s rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Better question as Coondog brought up is the title transfer N.Y. to CA. Seems the whole problem could be avoided by registering the car in California prior to shipping. A minor fee compared to what is looking like a potential fiasco.

Again, I hope it all works out for you.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 6 2020, 06:55 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

Personally I’d not worry about the title transfer, will take time but don’t see any real risk there. BHCC is responsible for it, they are a real known business and they aren’t going to screw you on that. Between NY and CA will take a couple months but once a valid title request is submitted to CA it is usually 2 weeks before the new title shows up.

BHCC isn’t going to re-title everything in stock, lots of effort and DMV fees when most buyers don’t need it done.

I’m sure the car is in their warehouse still, guys nothing to worry about or scare @911GT2 over.

And, yes, I’ve bought from them without issue.

+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 07:11 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 03:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 6 2020, 01:50 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) NO California title without VIN verification.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I see a potential problem if car is already shipped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)

Oscar

The car is not yet shipped.
QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 6 2020, 04:24 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

This should be interesting, maybe not in a good way. It is a political issue, I believe NY has begun issuing licenses without certain IDs and that’s rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Better question as Coondog brought up is the title transfer N.Y. to CA. Seems the whole problem could be avoided by registering the car in California prior to shipping. A minor fee compared to what is looking like a potential fiasco.

Again, I hope it all works out for you.

That's exactly the proces they are following. So my question is more this: Is the duration of several weeks to be expected, and is it normal?

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 6 2020, 04:55 AM) *

Personally I’d not worry about the title transfer, will take time but don’t see any real risk there. BHCC is responsible for it, they are a real known business and they aren’t going to screw you on that. Between NY and CA will take a couple months but once a valid title request is submitted to CA it is usually 2 weeks before the new title shows up.

BHCC isn’t going to re-title everything in stock, lots of effort and DMV fees when most buyers don’t need it done.

I’m sure the car is in their warehouse still, guys nothing to worry about or scare @911GT2 over.

And, yes, I’ve bought from them without issue.

To be fair I still don't have any issues with BHCC. They brought this issue up themselves. They also promised they would solve it and promised to take care of any additional fees.

So I'm not in it to bash BHCC. 'au contraire' if anything I would like to see for them to prove some people here wrong. I didn't know about the 'stigma' of BHCC before buying from them and like I said before, thus far they haven't done anything to live up to that stigma. So maybe naive, but until proven otherwise I still believe in the good of people.
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Mar 6 2020, 07:17 AM
Post #39

How you doin'

Typically a temporary title is issued until the real one is mailed out. I don’t know if that would qualify for shipping but if so, I’d imagine the permanent title could be mailed to you after the fact.

I’d give them a call and find out how they plan on rectifying the situation.

Good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 07:42 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 6 2020, 05:17 AM) *

Typically a temporary title is issued until the real one is mailed out. I don’t know if that would qualify for shipping but if so, I’d imagine the permanent title could be mailed to you after the fact.

I’d give them a call and find out how they plan on rectifying the situation.

Good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Literal quote from the mail from BHCC
Please note we are doing our best to expedite the title.

It is our of our hands and we have already did our best.

Here for classic vehicle’s the department of motor vehicle’s takes there sweet time.

Its not an easy process to get the title changed and all sorted.

Please give us some more time and everything will be good.

We are a licensed and bounded dealership here and we must make sure the car will be able to register and be title’s once its with you so you don’t have any issues.

So I think I will be allright. Seems to me, they are trying their best to make it right. So I will try to be patient.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2024 - 11:32 PM