Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
914forme
post Mar 6 2020, 08:10 AM
Post #41

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Just keep on them for updates.

Also ample time to get a Post Buying Inspection done, and get big parts you might need on a list and placed in the car for shipment.

Or if it comes out really bad, you can then move the car to a facility that you trust to do the repairs over a long distance and then get it shipped over. Really only one or two come to mind.

Well three but Canepa might be a bit expensive, and Rod Emory does not work on 914s.

McMark original Customs, and Cary of Middlemotorwerks, both I would trust with my own cars for metal repair.

You have waited 15 years, so what's a few extra months or days.

One of the great things about this forum is loads of people willing to help others get into 914s. PPI offers happen all the time, you just have to ask.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 6 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

So back to my question???
Where is your car at right now ????????

If it’s still at BHMC all they have to do is drive it to the dmv get a vin inspection pay the fees and get a registration title on the spot. A pink slip will take a couple weeks. But they should at least send you the new title which would prove they went to the DMV. Now if they didn’t have a valid NY title in the first place then this could take awhile.

I worry for you my friend because if this hasn’t happened it tells me the car won’t drive to the DMV for the VIN inspection.

Someone needs to drop by BHMC and see if it’s there.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Mar 6 2020, 09:36 AM
Post #43

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Great score on a clean looking 914!
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 09:40 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 6 2020, 07:10 AM) *

If it’s still at BHMC all they have to do is drive it to the dmv get a vin inspection pay the fees and get a registration title on the spot. A pink slip will take a couple weeks. But they should at least send you the new title which would prove they went to the DMV. Now if they didn’t have a valid NY title in the first place then this could take awhile.

I worry for you my friend because if this hasn’t happened it tells me the car won’t drive to the DMV for the VIN inspection.

I think it's still at BHCC. There is no way for me to know for sure.

Also I have several video's of the car running and driving. From inside the car. From outside the car, the car driving by etc etc.
+Quote Post
mrholland2
post Mar 6 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

In answer to your question about the California DMV: Yes, it can take an amazingly long amount of time to process the title. Or, it can happen faster than any other state. If you have ever seen any movies or other things with references to miserable, slow, frustrating DMV processes, they are all making fun of the California DMV>

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 6 2020, 05:11 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 03:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 6 2020, 01:50 AM) *

Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the Calif DMV, CHP or AAA have to confirm VIN numbers to register a out of state car.

If so that process is fairly simple, the RED flag for me would be that the Beverly Hills people never changed the title on the car from NY to Calif.

Question....Where is your car right now ???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) NO California title without VIN verification.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I see a potential problem if car is already shipped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)

Oscar

The car is not yet shipped.
QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 6 2020, 04:24 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

This should be interesting, maybe not in a good way. It is a political issue, I believe NY has begun issuing licenses without certain IDs and that’s rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Better question as Coondog brought up is the title transfer N.Y. to CA. Seems the whole problem could be avoided by registering the car in California prior to shipping. A minor fee compared to what is looking like a potential fiasco.

Again, I hope it all works out for you.

That's exactly the proces they are following. So my question is more this: Is the duration of several weeks to be expected, and is it normal?

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 6 2020, 04:55 AM) *

Personally I’d not worry about the title transfer, will take time but don’t see any real risk there. BHCC is responsible for it, they are a real known business and they aren’t going to screw you on that. Between NY and CA will take a couple months but once a valid title request is submitted to CA it is usually 2 weeks before the new title shows up.

BHCC isn’t going to re-title everything in stock, lots of effort and DMV fees when most buyers don’t need it done.

I’m sure the car is in their warehouse still, guys nothing to worry about or scare @911GT2 over.

And, yes, I’ve bought from them without issue.

To be fair I still don't have any issues with BHCC. They brought this issue up themselves. They also promised they would solve it and promised to take care of any additional fees.

So I'm not in it to bash BHCC. 'au contraire' if anything I would like to see for them to prove some people here wrong. I didn't know about the 'stigma' of BHCC before buying from them and like I said before, thus far they haven't done anything to live up to that stigma. So maybe naive, but until proven otherwise I still believe in the good of people.

+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 6 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 6 2020, 07:17 AM) *

Typically a temporary title is issued until the real one is mailed out. I don’t know if that would qualify for shipping but if so, I’d imagine the permanent title could be mailed to you after the fact.

I’d give them a call and find out how they plan on rectifying the situation.

Good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

California doesn't do this so not applicable unfortunately.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 6 2020, 01:18 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 6 2020, 09:10 AM) *

Respectfully, @Coondog you are speculating especially since the car isn't going to be used by the buyer since there is a large body of water and fair amount of land between him and the car.

BHCC sells a lot of stuff each month, a lot of it never hitting the website, they aren't going to take their time to register a car for no reason.

I've bought from them and know three local classic car dealers that buy/sell from them. I honestly don't see the point in worrying @911GT2 .
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 6 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #48

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 13 2020, 09:40 AM) *

Lots of rust my friend, good luck.

I hate to be the guy that says this but this is a 914 club and a lot of us know of what we speak.

If you can in anyway unwind this deal with them I would do it. A NY car is prone to super rust if driven in the snow at all.

On looking over the pictures there is a bit of rust going on with this car.
There is rust showing on the driver side front fender right where the water hits the car when it is wet outside. Rear trunk shows rust and the car had been repainted at some point. The door vin sticker is not there? An original paint car is the best even if it is old and faded as you have to see how the paint has aged. I am spoiled being in CA. A person still does not know what is really going on with the car.

I sold 2 great cars to (Danny) Dax in Belgium 1.5 years ago. The 914 was original paint. You can see if there are any body problems with original paint. Paperwork with history of your car is very important. Dax can answer your questions on Belgium and the 914 seen there.

I bought a 73 911s that was originally from NY brought into CA. It had some light rust and this was in 78. It always bothered me.

There are some really nice bodied 914 in CA you just have to hold on and make sure that it is a good car from a good seller. BHCC at least does not try to hide the cars they sell.

This car is at least 130,000 miles if not 230,000 miles. They all have high mileage innless it can be proven like the primo 75 I just bought with every recite from day one. Yea they are hard to find but they do come up. Dax found a super nice car from one of our members and he waited for the right one it will be in his hands very soon.

Bob B

Picture of my stunning paint job 1975 that is 18 years old. On an 18-year-old paint job any problems would show up on paint. I have the recite for all rubber seals and paint work from 18 years ago $7,900.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Also note my 928 44,000 with factory paint job. All paperwork from day one.

Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Mar 6 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #49

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

I have no skin in this game, but I worry too for our new fellow teener.

No doubt they are a legit business but to @Coondog point.

They are also representing another 914 for sale as only needing cosmetic work.!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/invento...derby=make,year

Oscar
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 6 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 01:30 PM) *

They are also representing another 914 for sale as only needing cosmetic work.!!

Oscar

@ValcoOscar - fair enough but I was only addressing what I see as nonsense about them stealing his car.
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Mar 6 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #51

Garage Life

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 6 2020, 11:42 AM) *

Oscar

@ValcoOscar - fair enough but I was only addressing what I see as nonsense about them stealing his car.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Still friends TD...come over and play in my garage anytime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 6 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 01:45 PM) *

Oscar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Still friends TD...come over and play in my garage anytime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Right on, overdue. Working on testing the 3.2L to make sure it is ready to go in, may be summer given other projects.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 6 2020, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 13 2020, 09:40 AM) *

Lots of rust my friend, good luck.

I hate to be the guy that says this but this is a 914 club and a lot of us know of what we speak.

If you can in anyway unwind this deal with them I would do it. A NY car is prone to super rust if driven in the snow at all.

On looking over the pictures there is a bit of rust going on with this car.
There is rust showing on the driver side front fender right where the water hits the car when it is wet outside. Rear trunk shows rust and the car had been repainted at some point. The door vin sticker is not there? An original paint car is the best even if it is old and faded as you have to see how the paint has aged. I am spoiled being in CA. A person still does not know what is really going on with the car.

I sold 2 great cars to (Danny) Dax in Belgium 1.5 years ago. The 914 was original paint. You can see if there are any body problems with original paint. Paperwork with history of your car is very important. Dax can answer your questions on Belgium and the 914 seen there.

I bought a 73 911s that was originally from NY brought into CA. It had some light rust and this was in 78. It always bothered me.

There are some really nice bodied 914 in CA you just have to hold on and make sure that it is a good car from a good seller. BHCC at least does not try to hide the cars they sell.

This car is at least 130,000 miles if not 230,000 miles. They all have high mileage innless it can be proven like the primo 75 I just bought with every recite from day one. Yea they are hard to find but they do come up. Dax found a super nice car from one of our members and he waited for the right one it will be in his hands very soon.

Bob B

Picture of my stunning paint job 1975 that is 18 years old. On an 18-year-old paint job any problems would show up on paint. I have the recite for all rubber seals and paint work from 18 years ago $7,900.

Also note my 928 44,000 with factory paint job. All paperwork from day one.

Attached ImageAttached Image

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately I did not have this knowledge on the time I bought the car. As of now I can't find a reason to unwind this deal. I made a judgement call based upon what I thought was a fair car at that moment and I still think it's a good base for a nice driver. I live in The Netherlands and finding one over here is even harder and they are almost all worse then this one and more expensive too.

Could I have bought a better one? Probably yes. But that's hindsight.
But I can not fault BHCC for any wrongdoing as off so far. I have a feeling they at least tried to picture the car as is.

For me the buying part is 'water under the bridge'. I have to work with what I've got now. If it's bad, it takes more time and money but I will sort it out. But I'm not going to back out of an agreement or deal after the deal has been made. I don't want to be that guy.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 6 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #54

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

I am not saying to back out, I am saying see if you can unwind your deal. That may be to pay to BBCC some money to resell the car that you do not have ownership of yet. They will find another person to buy the car.

I would not buy parts for the car till you really see what you need. Someone may have changed the shocks not that long ago. Also, I am curious as to what was done to put the 5 lug wheels on.

There is a right way and a cheap way.

Curious what you paid for the car?
The silver car cost me $20,000 and I think that was a supper deal.

Good luck and as I said Welcome to 914World where the nicest Porsche people are ready to help you out in almost any way they can.

Bob B

+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Mar 6 2020, 03:29 PM
Post #55

Garage Life

And because you're "NOT THAT GUY"

@Coondog , @Tdskip and @Burton73 and I have conferred.

We decided to send you a Welcome to 914World care package for FREE (you pay shipping)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Please PM me for details.

Oscar

+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 6 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 01:29 PM) *

And because you're "NOT THAT GUY"

@Coondog , @Tdskip and @Burton73 and I have conferred.

We decided to send you a Welcome to 914World care package for FREE (you pay shipping)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Please PM me for details.

Oscar

Cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
I’ll send you a PM
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Mar 6 2020, 04:26 PM
Post #57

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

The car looks good to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 6 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Oscar

Who said anything about stealing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Mar 10 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #59

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

Not trying further scare the OP but buyer beware, as they say. A guy I know is right now going thru a major saga with a car purchased from BHCC (without a proper PPI, shame on him.) Not a 914 or p-car, a 60's American car.

First he had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get the car (like 3 weeks) supposedly for replacement of a trivial in-stock part they could have gotten right away. (First red flag.)

Then the car actually broke down on the way home from BHCC and needed a tow. (2nd red flag, personally I would've towed it back to the dealer not to my house.)

Then on the way to the body/paint shop to check out the rust, a door latch broke (3 strikes you're out).

Now he has learned the car is so rusty - truly structurally unsound - it requires a full multi-month restoration including a bunch of replacement metal (a BUNCH). It literally has scary repairs where someone pop-riveted new metal patches right on top of the rusty parts and then sprayed overcoat on top to hide it. (Sound familar 914 guys?)

Within a few months the guy will be into this car more than 2X the purchase cost.

To be fair, the buyer did not at all expect a rust-free or perfect car at this price point, but clearly not a rustbucket either, as it was advertised and bought as a fully usable vehicle that just "needs a few things". Right.
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 21 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #60

Ok here we go; please read this post carefully and only respond with constructive comments please. This for me is a time of a lot of stress and anxiety so bear with me.

After the purchase of the car (wiring the funds) I was told the title would take 15 day to arrive.

So I've send reminder mails after 7, 14 and 21 days. All were responded to with "It's out of our hands we're waiting on the DMV." On Monday I've send out another mail asking for a status update and how the Covid-19 crisis would affect the DMV and the title proces. Still same answer "It's out of our hands we're waiting on the DMV."

Yesterday I've send out this mail to BHCC:
Hi XXXX,

Today marks a month of waiting on the DMV. The situation in the world has changed completely in that time. I don’t see the DMV coming through with the title any time soon.

At this point I don’t feel like the car will be in Europe before summer which makes is pretty much useless for me until next year.

I suggest we cancel the deal and you give me a refund. It’s not that I don’t want the car anymore. But I’m loosing my confidence in BHCC and your ability to get me the car I bought. Thats due to the DMV and Covid-19, but on the other hand you have done nothing towards me to update me or compensate me for my waiting time. I haven’t had any updates on the DMV proces even when I explicitly asked for them the only answer I get it’s out of your hands. But you also told me 15 days. It’s been 30! I lost all faith.

Please refund me XXXX on details below:

I’m Sorry it has to be this way.

Best Regards,

I immediately got a call from BHCC stating that the required document had just come in that day and that it now would be an easy process getting the title. Maximum of 11-13 days. I would get an email within an hour with that document. I stated if that's the case I will wait. I also asked tem to send me a confirmation that if the title wasn't ready 15 days from now I was allowed to cancel the deal and get a full refund.
That was agreed upon by the BHCC sales manager.

After 4 hours of no reaction I send out another e-mail.
Hi XXXX,

I herby send you the recap from the conversation on the phone with XXXX (salesmanager BHCC) today 20th march at 9:50 Los Angeles time.
We have agreed that within 2 hours I would get a confirmation of our call, in that confirmation there would be the document supplied by the DMV that's necessary to get the title complete and make the car ready for export and shipping.
Also in that confirmation would be the statement we have agreed that the car would be ready for shipping 15 days from today. If not I will get a full refund of the purchase price, shipping costs, documentation fee, wiring fee, electronic filing fee and NMVTIS fee without any restrictions.

Best regards

After which I got this reply:
Hello Naud,

I hope your doing well and staying safe with this crazy virus.

Please note the DMV is doing there best to get you the title as soon as possible.

We now know that the title will be here on 4/10/2020 this still gives us enough time to have the car shipped right away and you will have the car by summer.

I am sorry for the delay however we are doing our best

To me 4/10/2020 is 20 days from now so BHCC broke their own promise, so I asked for a refund like agreed upon.

That wasn't an option as on 4/10/2020 all would be set.
But I kept firm at the refund. So the mails back and forth started to get shorter and less pleasant until I asked to send me at least the document they said they got in that day as confirmation for me. (at this point I was even willing to accept the 4/10/2020 if there was a valid document)

I got this last mail:

The DMV office I sent my employee today was closed. I will send him again tomorrow and if not again on Monday until I get this registration.

I work with a lot of clients in the Netherlands and other parts of Europe and the one thing they can they tell if that I do not know how to fail. I will get this title as promised.

So it seems there was no document at all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So a bit outraged I've send out this last mail after which all mail traffic stopped. (it was 2:30 am here i agues 18:30 LA time)
Hi XXX,

So you lied to me about having a document in today?
There is no document at all?!

I want this to end. Right now!

Please refund me! I have put up with enough right now.
I do not want to go through with this deal anymore!

So once more please refund me within 5 days on:
XXXX

Thank you!

What I would like to hear from you guys is two things.
  1. What are my rights? When can I cancel a deal, do I need a lawyer?
  2. I know the DMV process is slow, but what are the actual steps a dealer has to go through to get a New York title change into a Cali title?

Please keep from banter on BHCC. I'm already in this process with them so help me to get out this mess with them please.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:59 AM