Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
Bmw635
post Mar 21 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,943
Region Association: Southern California

911GT2, ygm.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Mar 21 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #82

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 21 2020, 01:04 PM) *

I get a weird feeling every time I look at anything from BHCC. That's me, some may disagree. I wouldn't deal with them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I agree. Some of their listings seem ridiculous, glossing over what is clearly serious damage and rust, and asking prices that seem double market rates.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 21 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #83

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 21 2020, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 21 2020, 01:04 PM) *

I get a weird feeling every time I look at anything from BHCC. That's me, some may disagree. I wouldn't deal with them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I agree. Some of their listings seem ridiculous, glossing over what is clearly serious damage and rust, and asking prices that seem double market rates.

I don't look at their ads. They take good pics but mostly sell overpriced junk.
+Quote Post
djway
post Mar 21 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 19,266

Get your money back and look for another car, without doubt
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Mar 22 2020, 02:26 AM
Post #85

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

....Let's just jump to the part where you get your money back.

I would start a new search using "nationwide craigslist" on your search engine.
That will take you to "searchtempest.com"
Perform a simple search on Porsche 914 under cars/trucks for sale with any 5 digit U.S.zip code and "any distance"

You can then peruse the entire Craigslist database of all Porsche 914's for sale in the U.S. in about 20 minutes. I would personally try to deal with individuals rather than dealers in general. Combine this with PPI's from guys on this forum and cars for sale on this forum, and I think you'll do better.

I don't know your personal parameters for a preferred car, but I've included 2 listings for what "appear to be" decent drivers...both seam reasonably priced and more solid than the car you're currently dealing with. Good luck....just my 2 cents...

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/chesterfie...7097069377.html

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/omaha-ni...7080494517.html

I have no affiliation with either car, but you can kinda tell by the pics that these guys actually drive their cars.

Sean Connery in "Rising Sun" :The Japanese have a saying, "Fix the problem, not the blame." Find out what's fucked up and fix it. Nobody gets blamed. We're always after who fucked up. Their way is better.
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 22 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #86

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Gottta laugh when I see these ads that say no rust but don't show pictures of rockers removed, hell hole, or trunk (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Mar 22 2020, 08:05 AM
Post #87

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Both cars have that cheap ass EMPI 4 tip exhaust which seems to be supercheapo way out. Yeah, no engine, hellhole or long pics but the cars show pretty well otherwise for $10k
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 22 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #88

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

I know what to do! I love all your support. Thank you guys for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Since the site already has done so much for me I just became a patron to at least give this forum back on what it gave me so far.

But even though I'm in a situation with BHCC, please keep this from becoming a ranting thread about BHCC. They do not have the opportunity to react or defend themselves.

So since we're still in a proces I started it's only fair to them to see this trough to the end. And hopefully it works out for the best.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 22 2020, 08:46 AM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Unless there’s some dealer exception I don’t know about, nobody’s going to the DMV anytime soon....

Calif DMV website

California is in a State of Emergency, use other service options to complete your DMV transactions. Beginning March 16, 2020, DMV allows customers to avoid coming to a DMV office for 60 days.
Effective immediately, customers whose transactions require an in-office visit will be served on an appointment-only basis and currently there are no appointments available. Continue to check the DMV website for the most current information.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 22 2020, 09:33 AM
Post #90

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 21 2020, 03:16 PM) *

I'm tempted to go for 2. but I think I can't come up that much. What would be reasonable price for that car? I think I can come up to about 17K excl shipping maybe 18 if I stretch it thin.

Take your time, with COVID-19 nothing is going to happening quick now anyways.
I'd say try to scrape a bit more cash together, take your time looking and get the best car you can. PPI is a must, only exception is from a trusted fellow member. Even if you have to borrow cash, then you can drive a sorted 914 today, not 4 years from now.
Unfortunately for a buyer good sorted 914 prices have gone up quite a bit, we'll see if there's any panic selling of classic cars in the coming months.
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 09:40 AM
Post #91

QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 22 2020, 09:46 AM) *

Unless there’s some dealer exception I don’t know about, nobody’s going to the DMV anytime soon....

Calif DMV website

California is in a State of Emergency, use other service options to complete your DMV transactions. Beginning March 16, 2020, DMV allows customers to avoid coming to a DMV office for 60 days.
Effective immediately, customers whose transactions require an in-office visit will be served on an appointment-only basis and currently there are no appointments available. Continue to check the DMV website for the most current information.

If they’re a LICENSED dealer, they should have computer access to submit document, print paper plate within 1 hr of transaction. Since they have to do this manually, probably are not licensed.

About 4 yrs ago, there was a Costa Mesa dealer scam involving high end cars and the dealer owner happens to live on my street. He sells Lamborghini, Ferrari, MB, Porsche owned and on consignment. A consignment BMW M6 got sold to 3 different people: one got car but no title, another got title only, 3rd sent the fund in for purchase then wait....., M6 owner signed over the title to sell but got no car or fund. Another Ferrari owner in Midwest paid for a car but it never ship- long discussion on Ferrarichat including rumors of hit men out for the dealer owner. There were several other vehicles involved but I only know the BMW and Ferrari because I know the people and the situation. He even had armguards at the empty house 24/7 for couple weeks.

While perusing Ferrarichat, I found another dealer in Costa Mesa pulled the same stunt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ferrarichat...p;client=safari

https://www.fi-magazine.com/321762/calif-de...or-embezzlement

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/o...ar-scam.179890/
+Quote Post
RenoRoger
post Mar 22 2020, 02:11 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 12,370
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 22 2020, 06:33 AM) *

I know what to do! I love all your support. Thank you guys for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Since the site already has done so much for me I just became a patron to at least give this forum back on what it gave me so far.

But even though I'm in a situation with BHCC, please keep this from becoming a ranting thread about BHCC. They do not have the opportunity to react or defend themselves.

So since we're still in a proces I started it's only fair to them to see this trough to the end. And hopefully it works out for the best.

Here are my .02 cents:

Coronavirus aside, the dealer has the money but is unable to deliver a clear title within a reasonable amount of time, the dealer must provide a full refund. Period.

What you need is a personal representative in California who knows California consumer protection laws and has a power of attorney to handle this matter for you. Face to face with BHCC. Is there a lawyer within 914World who is willing to handle this pro bono?? Otherwise, stay away from lawyers...too expensive. Anyone in SoCal willing to shoulder this responsibility?

P.S.
DMV California is still working. I received a sailboat renewal registration yesterday, 21 March, which was processed on 17 March. Not counting mailing time, it took them 5 weeks.
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #93

No need for lawyer as CA DMV is pretty good at enforcing law and cracking down unlicensed dealer. File a complaint with DMV for failure to provide documentations upon purchase as all dealers must provide documentations AND paper license plate at close of transaction. If I go dealer right now, Sunday, and buy a car pay the dealer, dealer must give me paper plate and owners documentation so I can drive the car home today.

If a dealer can't do that then probably not licensed by DMV so I question the legitimacy of the business.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 22 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Bmw635 @ Mar 22 2020, 10:40 AM) *

If they’re a LICENSED dealer, they should have computer access to submit document, print paper plate within 1 hr of transaction. Since they have to do this manually, probably are not licensed.

It is not helpful to speculate and make stuff up.

Please read the thread as to the situation.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 22 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #95

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

I am not happy for you and I do not know what you paid for the yellow car but the Silver car looks pretty good from the pictures. Engen rebuild and a number of other things done would make a 73 2.0 a good value at $24M or 25,000 if the car is nice in person. If Tom would go and CK out this car for you that would be great. BHCC did not do the rebuild of Eng. and I know nothing of the Co. that rebuilt it and who did the machining of the Eng.

We are shut down in LA and CA as you must know. When I shipped Danny (Dax) his cars to Belgium a couple of years ago, the company that handled it for him was easy to deal with and this came to me on the 19th Good luck 914 Buddy
Direct Express, Inc.
Shipping company in Compton, California
Address: 230 W Carob St, Compton, CA 90220
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Mon. https://www.shipdei.com/

Phone: (310) 324-2100

NEWS UPDATES!!
covid-19 (CORONAVIRUS) most recent DEVELOPMENTS. THIS SITUATION IS RAPIDLY EVOLVING

Our focus will remain to provide updates as this unprecedented situation is constantly evolving. We will continue to make all information that is available to the public in order for each of us to comply with the authorities, take all the proper measures, steps and precautions to remain healthy, and conduct business if allow by the authorities.

We only seek to assist and provide information to anyone needing and requiring alternative shipping and Logistics solutions.
We Understand that these times are challenging.

We are doing this to properly inform the public of the seriousness of this matter regarding the Covid-19.

We will continue to provide our daily services as long as the proper authorities allow us to do so.

What's happening with our teams? As of March 16, 2020 all Direct Express Inc, offices are open and will continue to be unless local authorities deem operations as a risk to public safety. All our systems and processes are designed to work from remote access and all communication with customers, partners, and vendors will continue as before, whether our team member is working from home or the office. Our customers will still be able to process transactions, reach your trusted customer service team member, and get the same level of trusted support you have always received from our Direct Express Inc team. We are committed to making sure your freight continues to move as before and the disruption to your supply chain is minimal.

Visitor restrictions: In order to protect the safety and well-being of all our team members, we are limiting visitors to our offices to those that are absolutely necessary. All vendor solicitations and visits are not permitted until further notice.

Good luck,

Be safe out there. Bob B
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 08:27 PM
Post #96

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 22 2020, 06:45 PM) *

I am just stating the fact: car dealer in CA must have dealer license. Dealer have the ability to submit documents and PRINT paper plate so customer can drive away. How efficient for a car dealer that sells 1 car a week to walk in to DMV and wait inline each week while making customer wait couple days to come back and pickup their car?

I can have registration submitted AND print a paper plate on the spot so customer can leave within 1 hour with any vehicle of their choice at 5pm Sunday.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 22 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Bmw635 @ Mar 22 2020, 09:27 PM) *

I am just stating the fact: car dealer in CA must have dealer license. Dealer have the ability to submit documents and PRINT paper plate so customer can drive away. How efficient for a car dealer that sells 1 car a week to walk in to DMV and wait inline each week while making customer wait couple days to come back and pickup their car?

I can have registration submitted AND print a paper plate on the spot so customer can leave within 1 hour with any vehicle of their choice.

True, and utterly irrelevant to the situation at hand which I why I said you should not speculate and make stuff up.

+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 22 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

QUOTE(Bmw635 @ Mar 22 2020, 07:27 PM) *

I can have registration submitted AND print a paper plate on the spot so customer can leave within 1 hour with any vehicle of their choice at 5pm Sunday.

Car needs to have a DMV verification of the vin as it was a out of state car. That’s why they have to physically take the car to the DMV. But with no appointments available this isn’t going to happen.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 22 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Took a whole 2 minutes to find and validate.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #100

CHP office can do VIN verification- drive in and request, no appt needed.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:42 AM