Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> trigger points connection
Robson51
post Feb 17 2020, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,654
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just replaced the trigger points connector on the wiring harness, and while I'm fairly sure I put everything back the way it came out, how do you know how to trace the wiring in case I got the two outside leads switched?

What would the symptoms be if they were 180 degrees out?

Thanks-

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 17 2020, 05:47 PM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Circuit 12 must be the middle trigger point contact. The other two circuits are interchangeable. I don't think it matters, the way D-Jet operates. The trigger points initiate the injector pulse of an alternating pair of injectors and that pair gets 1/2 of the needed fuel injected the first cycle. The other half come around the second dizzy cycle which is coordinated with the engine timing.

The non-polarized D-Jet connections are: The trigger points, injectors including the cold start valve, MPS, TS1 (and thermotime switch for the 75-76 cars only).

The only polarized D-Jet connections are the ECU connector, TPS and relay board connector.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Robson51
post Feb 17 2020, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 23,654
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 17 2020, 03:47 PM) *

Circuit 12 must be the middle trigger point contact. The other two circuits are interchangeable. I don't think it matters, the way D-Jet operates. The trigger points initiate the injector pulse of an alternating pair of injectors and that pair gets 1/2 of the needed fuel injected the first cycle. The other half come around the second dizzy cycle which is coordinated with the engine timing.

The non-polarized D-Jet connections are: The trigger points, injectors including the cold start valve, MPS, TS1 (and thermotime switch for the 75-76 cars only).

The only polarized D-Jet connections are the ECU connector, TPS and relay board connector.

Thank you! I'm quite sure I got the middle one right!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 06:52 PM