Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trigger points connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robson51
I just replaced the trigger points connector on the wiring harness, and while I'm fairly sure I put everything back the way it came out, how do you know how to trace the wiring in case I got the two outside leads switched?

What would the symptoms be if they were 180 degrees out?

Thanks-

Rob
JeffBowlsby
Circuit 12 must be the middle trigger point contact. The other two circuits are interchangeable. I don't think it matters, the way D-Jet operates. The trigger points initiate the injector pulse of an alternating pair of injectors and that pair gets 1/2 of the needed fuel injected the first cycle. The other half come around the second dizzy cycle which is coordinated with the engine timing.

The non-polarized D-Jet connections are: The trigger points, injectors including the cold start valve, MPS, TS1 (and thermotime switch for the 75-76 cars only).

The only polarized D-Jet connections are the ECU connector, TPS and relay board connector.
Robson51
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 17 2020, 03:47 PM) *

Circuit 12 must be the middle trigger point contact. The other two circuits are interchangeable. I don't think it matters, the way D-Jet operates. The trigger points initiate the injector pulse of an alternating pair of injectors and that pair gets 1/2 of the needed fuel injected the first cycle. The other half come around the second dizzy cycle which is coordinated with the engine timing.

The non-polarized D-Jet connections are: The trigger points, injectors including the cold start valve, MPS, TS1 (and thermotime switch for the 75-76 cars only).

The only polarized D-Jet connections are the ECU connector, TPS and relay board connector.

Thank you! I'm quite sure I got the middle one right!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.