Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting old(er) added air now fuel injection
DRPHIL914
post Feb 24 2020, 07:46 AM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 22 2020, 06:56 PM) *

I found a few more pics. I apparently lost all the other other photos! If you look close you can see where I routed the duct hose over the top of the center console.

i know some people would think its not necessary in MN, but having grown up in So.MN i know how hot and humid a MN summer can be! We've been in SC for 30 years now and i really don't drive the 914 in the summer but i have 10 other months to drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) . anyway wanted to say that i really like your center console and cushion and wondered who recovered it for you? Looks awesome! I do want A/C but might not be on this car, unless i can do a fan/condenser unit somewhere else than the front trunk and i can modify a stock blower box to put the fan in to look stock. Otherwise i will just go back to having a boxster or a aircooled 911 with a.c, for the summer. - either way thanks for sharing your experience.
Do you ever take the car to the Cars and Coffee that was in Chanhassen now at Shokopee former Valley Fair lot?

Phil
(formerly from New Ulm)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akellym
post Feb 24 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Eyes Of The Deep Battle

Member No.: 2,395
Region Association: Northstar Region

Yes we have done the heel toe thing, but that gets a little old after the 1st 1000 miles.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 24 2020, 12:29 PM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 24 2020, 11:00 AM) *

Yes we have done the heel toe thing, but that gets a little old after the 1st 1000 miles.

Best advice is to do your research on the different systems and also what's your skill level. Most systems require a lot of time learning how to tune the system or you have to have deep pockets to pay a shop/dyno to tune it for you. There's also a fair bit of "Not included" items that will add to the price creep.

When looking at systems you must remember everyone will say they're the best. You want a system with a proven track record, lots of support, forums, lots of users, preferably T4 users, etc.
For this reason alone I'd stick with MegaSquirt or SDS, as there's a larger number of members here who have experience with these two systems and can help.
+Quote Post
akellym
post Feb 24 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #24

Eyes Of The Deep Battle

Member No.: 2,395
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 24 2020, 07:46 AM) *

QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 22 2020, 06:56 PM) *

I found a few more pics. I apparently lost all the other other photos! If you look close you can see where I routed the duct hose over the top of the center console.

i know some people would think its not necessary in MN, but having grown up in So.MN i know how hot and humid a MN summer can be! We've been in SC for 30 years now and i really don't drive the 914 in the summer but i have 10 other months to drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) . anyway wanted to say that i really like your center console and cushion and wondered who recovered it for you? Looks awesome! I do want A/C but might not be on this car, unless i can do a fan/condenser unit somewhere else than the front trunk and i can modify a stock blower box to put the fan in to look stock. Otherwise i will just go back to having a boxster or a aircooled 911 with a.c, for the summer. - either way thanks for sharing your experience.
Do you ever take the car to the Cars and Coffee that was in Chanhassen now at Shokopee former Valley Fair lot?

Phil
(formerly from New Ulm)

We just reupholstered it last year before parade. Everything in leather expect for the seat inserts. One of my high school friends does upholstery, he does spectacular work: https://www.shoprobs.com/upholstery We have https://craftcustoms.com re wrap our steering wheel as well.

It's been a while but we have been to the Chanhassen gatherings... now those are some nice garages!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 24 2020, 08:46 PM
Post #25

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 24 2020, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 24 2020, 11:00 AM) *

Best advice is to do your research on the different systems and also what's your skill level. Most systems require a lot of time learning how to tune the system or you have to have deep pockets to pay a shop/dyno to tune it for you. There's also a fair bit of "Not included" items that will add to the price creep.

When looking at systems you must remember everyone will say they're the best. You want a system with a proven track record, lots of support, forums, lots of users, preferably T4 users, etc.
For this reason alone I'd stick with MegaSquirt or SDS, as there's a larger number of members here who have experience with these two systems and can help.

My system is the best!!! And cheapest
hand throttle .
Make it like a trim wheel on a p51
Mustang. Couldn't cost more then a few hundred.

Once you have it adjusted ....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:15 AM