Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> refreshing cv’s, spider stuck on half shaft
theleschyouknow
post Feb 26 2020, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,967
Region Association: None

I am cleaning up some axles and re-lubing cv’s
first axle, first cv popped off the half shaft with just a few good tugs per cuddyk’s youtube how to

first axle, second cv cannot get the spider and cage off the axle

started with tugging and pretty soon the balls and outer cylinder were in my hands but spider and cage still on half shaft

moved to hammer & punch working around the back side perimeter of conical washer up against the spider got some movement but slow and seemed to stop with about a 16th of an inch of the half shaft grooves still proud of the outboard side of the spider

I was spraying with wd-40 intermittently all the while

next borrowed a slide hammer and puller plate from o’reilly maybe got a little more progress but still see grooves proud of the outboard side of the was spider

I’ve soaked it over night with wd-40 and will hit it again with the puller/slide hammer this afternoon

Any other suggestions? l don’t have a torch here but I’d be hesitant to use one on the spider anyway

TIA

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

cjl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:32 AM