Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> its been awhile, 73' 914 restore
Brasil914
post Mar 12 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,905
Region Association: South East States

hello again my fellow 914 enthusiasts it has been several years since I have visited or posted. any who I am trying to find a replacement distributor for my 2.0L it is D-jet equipped and I had found that the 039-905-205 A/B/AX have all been discontinued with no parts. I have com across an AU that is special order but no one has pictures of it. does anyone here have experience with one? Also I am pretty sure all I need are the discs/plates that the points mount to. they are attached with a copper braid the has come loose. is there a fix for this or does any one have parts availability? I have finally gotten back to the garage and working on the car. Thanks in advance for any help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 12 2020, 10:40 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

all of the parts are available but sparingly:
points plate
dist shim kit
trigger points
cap
rotor
condenser
clips and screws
dist o ring
advance weight springs
dist vacuum advance

so you can rebuild yours easily enough. and if all hope is lost we have PLENTY of used ones here
QUOTE(Brasil914 @ Mar 12 2020, 09:23 AM) *

hello again my fellow 914 enthusiasts it has been several years since I have visited or posted. any who I am trying to find a replacement distributor for my 2.0L it is D-jet equipped and I had found that the 039-905-205 A/B/AX have all been discontinued with no parts. I have com across an AU that is special order but no one has pictures of it. does anyone here have experience with one? Also I am pretty sure all I need are the discs/plates that the points mount to. they are attached with a copper braid the has come loose. is there a fix for this or does any one have parts availability? I have finally gotten back to the garage and working on the car. Thanks in advance for any help

+Quote Post
Brasil914
post Mar 12 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,905
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 12 2020, 12:40 PM) *

all of the parts are available but sparingly:
points plate
dist shim kit
trigger points
cap
rotor
condenser
clips and screws
dist o ring
advance weight springs
dist vacuum advance

so you can rebuild yours easily enough. and if all hope is lost we have PLENTY of used ones here
QUOTE(Brasil914 @ Mar 12 2020, 09:23 AM) *

where can I get them or find there part numbers the AA site doesn't even have a list number for the plates
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 04:56 PM