Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nice looking stainless steel muffler for 914-4
Craigers17
post Mar 15 2020, 04:40 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

From what I've seen, there are several member vendors here that make very high quality mufflers and/or exhaust systems...I dig 'em all!

That said, if you watch some of his videos, it's pretty hard to hate on this Vintage Speed guy. We've already gotten feedback that he offers top notch products. Aesthetically, his stuff looks pretty damn good....check out his Bomber Seat....that thing's a piece of artwork.

Moreover:

He seems to have a passion for everything aircooled.

He has a very impressive collection of bugs, vans, and Porsches.

He has created his own business through hard work, meticulous detail, and a decent system. All admirable characteristics.

....seems like a likable character too.

...as far as safety standards go, I'm sure he's adhering to the acceptable standards within his own country. Personally, I'm tired of having to build a scaffold with hand rails nowadays in order to change a light bulb that I could easily access from the 3rd step of a ladder. If you don't understand my last comment, try actually "getting anything done" at most modern job sites.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 15 2020, 05:23 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 14 2020, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 14 2020, 05:39 PM) *

I run one on mij 1915CC T2a
I find the quality quite good!

@911GT2

How's the noise level?
I need a performance muffler for my '67 bus (2007cc), but I want to get rid of the drone.

I'd say doable. Is it quiet? No! But you need the flow so what are you going to do. But there are far louder exhausts out there.
Also I coated the entire rear end with dynamat to keep the noise down. But in the end it's still a largo boombox. Especially in a 67 since you're missing the firewall between the tank and engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Mar 15 2020, 10:06 AM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 15 2020, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 14 2020, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 14 2020, 05:39 PM) *

I run one on mij 1915CC T2a
I find the quality quite good!

@911GT2

How's the noise level?
I need a performance muffler for my '67 bus (2007cc), but I want to get rid of the drone.

I'd say doable. Is it quiet? No! But you need the flow so what are you going to do. But there are far louder exhausts out there.
Also I coated the entire rear end with dynamat to keep the noise down. But in the end it's still a largo boombox. Especially in a 67 since you're missing the firewall between the tank and engine.

My twin weber, 2007cc has a cheap bugpack header and single QP muffler. It has stock size valves so I can use the heater boxes.

It's not that it's loud, it's the interior drone on long trips. It's fully dynamat x2 layers, IMHO it didn't do much. The foam bed and bedding does way more than the dynamat. Never thought about the lack of a divider between the tank and engine, I'll look at making some kind of divider.
+Quote Post
80’s old school
post Mar 15 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 22,994
Region Association: Southern California

Vintage Speed stuff is well known in the VW world.

I want one BAD for my Karmann Ghia.

Watch some of his videos. Good stuff here.
+Quote Post
1adam12
post Mar 15 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 21,132
Region Association: Southern California

Vintage Speed had a booth at Phoenix Club last year not sure if they attended the most recent one. Back then they were featuring some nice carb accessories and some 911 specific applications.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Mar 15 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

I was using their system on my Vanagon, nice welds for sure, the tubing seems thin compared to stuff made over here. Shipping is a bit steep due to the distance and customs.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:13 PM