Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Horn help please--1973
914xr75
post Mar 15 2020, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,996
Region Association: Southern California

Hi everyone, I've gone through the horn posts and tried to do everything correctly, but I still cannot get my horn to work. I purchased the horn contact ring from Sierra Madre. I've added nylon insulated washers to the Batwing. I have switched out the relay from a working headlight. I have also put in a new fuse. When I touched the horn contact ring female spade terminal to the steering wheel nut I can hear something electrical making almost a clicking sound. When I check it with a meter I am getting 12 + volts when I touch the nut with the terminal.

I pulled the horn and checked it on a battery and it works. I sanded down the horn contacts and added dielectric grease. I am not an expert with the multimeter but I did hook up a negative and positive to the leads that connect to the horn and when I touch the nut I was getting a very small amount of current less than a half volt. I did drive it without the Batwing connected to the wire and the turn signals did not cancel. However they did not cancel before I got the new Sierra Madre contact ring. question about the area where the wire comes out of the steering wheel. Is the hole supposed to be on the top left side or the bottom right side? You'll see in the picture that mine comes out of the bottom right side.

When I purchased this car it had an aftermarket steering wheel. I bought a 914 wheel and batwing off of Craigslist and it fit. what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:10 AM