Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Porcado restoration - 64K Porsche 914
Bart.Car-Bone
post Mar 18 2020, 02:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,853
Region Association: None

Hi Guys,

Just recently received mine first Porsch and it is 914 haha. Bought it very very cheap as it cost 1,5k USD in overall, a bit by mistake as it was an auction and I did not thought it will go like that. Nevertheless I am up to restoring the car. I know its original paint is 64K and during the car life it was repainted. Hence the project name PORsche avoCADO

It was a barn find, and was a house for mice for long time so 1st was to clean as much as possible to reduce the smell. Now the interior is out I put the car on the jack stands to take the wheels of and put some newer tires that can be inflated. I know there is issue with hell hole. When car stands on tire the door gap is pretty uniform and roof goes easily. But when putting the car on jacks I noticed it flex mostly on the right side (saw by door gap change during lifting) well that happens when the longs are half invisible.

Already purchased the 914 Left Rocker Panel Kits (L&R) from restoration design and will look into more when the car be sand blasted.

My question is: were the Frame stiffener, left overlays longitudinal OEM mounted parts on the longitudinal or it is a part that we add just to make the car more stiffer (or add the stiffness to old chassis) ?

Here is photo folder: PORCADO Photos

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:37 PM