Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My side window removal experience, Easier to do the second time
Thunderchief
post Mar 24 2020, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,365
Region Association: Southern California

Slowly getting my car ready for paint and I decided to tackle the side windows. I searched for a good tutorial but couldn't really find one so I decided to make one. This way I won't forget the steps when I put them back in...hopefully.

Step one: after removing the door panel, remove the bolt above the window crank.

Attached Image

Step two: remove nut at the bottom of the door

Attached Image

Step three: once the nut is off from step two, use a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew that bolt. First time I've seen a multi use bolt like this before.

Step four: pull up on triangle glass and frame and remove.

Step five: roll window up until you see the only bolt that can be removed. Once that is out then you can tilt the glass forward and slide it off of the track.

The first time it took about 20 minutes to figure it out. Second time took less than ten. Not too hard at all.

Hope this helps some people.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dt4
post Mar 25 2020, 12:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 23,161
Region Association: England

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Mar 25 2020, 05:43 AM) *

Slowly getting my car ready for paint and I decided to tackle the side windows. I searched for a good tutorial but couldn't really find one so I decided to make one. This way I won't forget the steps when I put them back in...hopefully.

Step one: after removing the door panel, remove the bolt above the window crank.

Attached Image

Step two: remove nut at the bottom of the door

Attached Image

Step three: once the nut is off from step two, use a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew that bolt. First time I've seen a multi use bolt like this before.

Step four: pull up on triangle glass and frame and remove.

Step five: roll window up until you see the only bolt that can be removed. Once that is out then you can tilt the glass forward and slide it off of the track.

The first time it took about 20 minutes to figure it out. Second time took less than ten. Not too hard at all.

Hope this helps some people.

thanks
I have book marked this as I have mine to put back in at some point and the car came with them removed so I don't have the removal experience
+Quote Post
Thunderchief
post Mar 25 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 23,365

Awesome dt4, hopefully this will help. The bolt above the window crank to remove is the higher on in the first pic btw
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Mar 25 2020, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

The below thread is worth referencing for the reinstall.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2489568
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 09:16 PM