Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jacking point damage?
cuddy_k
post Mar 26 2020, 12:10 AM
Post #21

Shoot. Wrench. Repeat.

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 25 2020, 08:49 PM) *

If those are not where we are suppose to jack the car up from, then how are we supposed to use a quick jack? I have one specifically so I don't have to use a single side lift jack to lift the car up. So much simpler to use than jack stands and a shop jack.

@cuddy_k ?

I've always used the donuts...though with a quick jack the load is equally spread over the 4 of them. I suppose you could use the QJ pinch weld blocks and lift from the rockers, but you'd need to remove the rocker covers to keep them from getting bent.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Biggles
post Mar 26 2020, 03:25 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 16,353
Region Association: England

Based on the responses, the fact the rear donuts / surrounding floorpan on my car look fine, and noticing from a picture I took where my garage jacked the car at the front I will jack it on the rear donut with a spreader plate and a spreader plate in the front corner behind the wheel arch:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drem914
post Mar 26 2020, 10:02 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 9,062
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Mar 25 2020, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 25 2020, 08:49 PM) *

If those are not where we are suppose to jack the car up from, then how are we supposed to use a quick jack? I have one specifically so I don't have to use a single side lift jack to lift the car up. So much simpler to use than jack stands and a shop jack.

@cuddy_k ?

I've always used the donuts...though with a quick jack the load is equally spread over the 4 of them. I suppose you could use the QJ pinch weld blocks and lift from the rockers, but you'd need to remove the rocker covers to keep them from getting bent.

For now I'll stick with the donuts. at most each is carrying 500 lbs.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 06:39 AM