Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brain Trust Needed - 2L Refresh
yeahmag
post Mar 28 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

This might be long...

My current combo runs great, but I've been sitting on a set of Finch heads from Len Hoffman for years. There is no racing right now, so it seems like a good time. Here is the current combo:

2056cc
Stock Rods
Stock 2L heads (match ported)
86a Cam
9.5:1

I got a set of JE pistons in another deal (brand new, 96mm) and they appear to be stroker pistons. By my calculations I'd only need a 5.294" rod to counter the reduced pin height and am planning on a 5.325" rod or longer. Should be good either way there.

Now for the big problem. The Finch heads have a 50cc step-cut chamber. I like to run a tight deck (.04") and that combo would put me at 10:1. To get to the 9.5:1 I've been running I'd need to run almost .06" deck height.

So three questions.

1. Can the 86a handle 10:1 on 91 pump gas with proper tuning?
2. Is it better to run a loose deck and keep it at 9.5:1?
3. Put a 2cc (or larger) dish in the piston tops to keep a tight deck and lower the CR to 9.5:1 which I know works?

Thanks!

-Aaron

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:29 AM