Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advice needed - Spark plugs, leads and carbs, 914-6
Dobbsy
post Mar 31 2020, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,382
Region Association: England

Hello,
I have a few questions that I need help on.
I bought my 6 back in August and it was running rough. I am now replacing the fuel lines with stainless steel and new rubber hoses. I will also be changing the plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm so everything is new.
The PO has also put a fuel regulator on which I am not sure if that should be there. Is seems a good idea so I plan on keeping it but adding a gauge to see the pressure. Is there a standard for fuel pressure gauges? Any recommendations.

I have not removed the fuel pump yet how do I identify it is correct, do the ones for carbs look the same as injection. I have been caught out by this before.

I have bought an ultrasonic cleaner for when I rebuild the carbs, does anyone know of any good sources / tutorials for this.

I am planning on getting Magnecor leads but the sales assistant asked me to check the coil lead length, the one in the car is 16.5" and the one in their catalogue lists it as 9.5”. as the one in the car looks longer than it should do, I believe the correct length should be 9.5”. Is this correct?

Spark plugs, what do people recommend, either sticking with the standard rating plug or selecting a colder rating, the car will only be used on the road.

When I took the fuel tank out and removed the fittings from the bottom there was not a gauze filter, should the be one on a 1970 car. What is the method of choice for cleaning the tank out, there is a bit of light rust inside.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:33 AM