Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> London bombing
Lyressa Roberts
post Jul 7 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #41

Leo Imperial and Logan Apollo...my terrors.

Group: Members
Member No.: 741

QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 7 2005, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (Alison Baker @ Jul 7 2005, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jul 7 2005, 07:15 AM)
Alison it's Alfred...just ignore him...his account will be gone shortly...again (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

He's just a  :stromberg:

I dont care who it is, he or they should not say a thing like that !

I agree Allison, he's a resident lurker, racist cocksucker, who posts on here and then his account is immediately banned... then he starts another account and we ban that, and delete those posts... he's like an annoying gnat, he gets swatted and he comes right back... except a gnat is more evolved.

Oh!! I think I heard something about this guy a long while back. I guess you guys do a good job of getting rid of his traces as I think this is the first time I've been witness to it.

Good job guys!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 7 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #42

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 7 2005, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (914GT @ Jul 7 2005, 08:20 AM)
Here is an example of what's been going on in the UK.

two cement blocks, tied to his ankles, dropped in the ocean......he can talk all the way down.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)

I wonder how these people can have these "rallies / confrence / whatever" in our country or elsewhere and not end up on the receiving end of a gun cleaning accident.

BANG BANG BANG .........Oops, didn't know it was loaded
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/fighting19.gif)
+Quote Post
brer
post Jul 7 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,736

My sympathies for those affected. Truly horrible and my heart is there with them.

You can bank on the fact that the rest of London will soldier on. People will continue to go out, and even show up for work. They have lived with this sort of thing for years and there is no way a Brit will give in and let something like this get him down for long. If they did they would not be happy with themselves. Its in their blood to stand up to adversity and hardship. they do it every day, hard as coffin nails.

Pull your socks up mates and put the kettle on. Tomorrow is another day.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jul 7 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #44

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

My lastest phone call from the UK reported that 45 were dead and 350 injured. SKY NEWS has revised down their prior estimate. The shock is wearing off and the population is getting very pissed off!
+Quote Post
Lyressa Roberts
post Jul 7 2005, 10:21 AM
Post #45

Leo Imperial and Logan Apollo...my terrors.

Member No.: 741

QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 7 2005, 08:17 AM)
My lastest phone call from the UK reported that 45 were dead and 350 injured. SKY NEWS has revised down their prior estimate. The shock is wearing off and the population is getting very pissed off!

Well, I hope they can do more than our government can. Probably not, though.
+Quote Post
brer
post Jul 7 2005, 10:28 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,736

racial violence is a distinct possibility.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jul 7 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ Jul 7 2005, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 7 2005, 08:17 AM)
My lastest phone call from the UK reported that 45 were dead and 350 injured.  SKY NEWS has revised down their prior estimate.  The shock is wearing off and the population is getting very pissed off!

Well, I hope they can do more than our government can. Probably not, though.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) However they are a tough lot. Their Island Nation mind set gives them strength. Downtown London is full of the memories of WW2. Old bulidings standing next to newer buildings that were bombed out.
+Quote Post
914GT
post Jul 7 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jul 7 2005, 08:41 AM)
I wonder how these people can have these "rallies / confrence / whatever" in our country or elsewhere and not end up on the receiving end of a gun cleaning accident.

Happens all the time. Check out the video available here.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 7 2005, 11:12 AM
Post #49

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Why you should not mess with the English....

English Soccer Hooligans.

+Quote Post
pastordavid
post Jul 7 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 4,292

I just wanted to add my support for the brits. It is truly a sad day, but the words of Blair regarding the G6 summit ring true for all of Britian - The terrorists will not get what they want, we will not cower in fear.

God is crying, along with the families and friends that have lost loved ones this morning. Isn't it astounding how cruel we can be o each other.

And by the way admins, thank you for being ever watchful for "Alfreds"

pastordavid
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Jul 7 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 2,178

I just got off the phone to my Mum & Dad in Scotland and all the police have been drafted into Gleaneagles, Al-Qaeda

carried out the 4 bombings, ( in the subway station and at Hyde Park).

We hope they do not hit Gleneagles !
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Jul 7 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #52

914 addicted

Member No.: 1,246

I hope these people who perpetrated this crime find out that the 49 virgins that they thought they would have when they went to heaven were all male.
+Quote Post
messix
post Jul 7 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #53

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

the Brits wont have any problem in getting even on this one. they don't have the problem that we have of getting thru the red tape to take action on things like this, it just gets done. they have alot of experince with this sort of thing. responsable party will be delt with quickly and fully. [ the way the isaelis handle terror].

i have family just outside london and they are all well thank god.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jul 7 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #54

I have vacationed with my family at Gleneagles several times. It is remote and easy to defend. The only fear they will have is looking at their bills during check out! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Jul 7 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 2,178

QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 7 2005, 10:01 AM)
I have vacationed with my family at Gleneagles several times. It is remote and easy to defend. The only fear they will have is looking at their bills during check out! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

My parents live 30 mins from Gleneagles....Its very pretty !
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jul 7 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Alison Baker @ Jul 7 2005, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jul 7 2005, 10:01 AM)
I have vacationed with my family at Gleneagles several times.  It is remote and easy to defend.  The only fear they will have is looking at their bills during check out!  :o

My parents live 30 mins from Gleneagles....Its very pretty !

You are lucky to have parents living near Gleneagles. It is some of the most beautiful countryside I have seen anywhere in the world. Magnificent!
+Quote Post
viralto
post Jul 7 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 4,323

I'm a Brit, working in London who recently bought a '72 914 from California and I'm both very sad and very angry that my first post here is going to be this one.

My journey into work this morning was nothing like I expected when I left the house. A last minute snap decision to use a different route meant that I arrived another station just as the train I was originally planning to take was torn apart by a terrorist bomb.

I walked down Euston Road toward my building and passed Kings Cross station on the way. I can't get the image of what I saw out my mind. 50 or 60 people, all covered in blood, some with horrific burns to their hands and faces, some with their clothes literally blown off their bodies, a few were being carried into the street with limbs missing.

My job means that when something like this happens in London, I have to be cool calm and collected. I work for the British Security Service and I have resposibilities to the people of London to ensure that these incidents are handled the right way. Today was the day that I almost couldn't do it.

I'm not at all ashamed to say that I'm crying as I type this.

I lost a good friend when the first plane hit the World Trade Centre and the sheer scale of that event is almost incomprehensible. The number of dead in London is relatively small and we plan for much more catastrophic events than today. We're no strangers to terrorist attacks over here - they've been a part of British life for as long as I can remember but there's something about today that makes it greater than the sum of its parts.

The Tube is such an integral part of life in London. It's old, dirty and unreliable but 3 million of us use it every day. It's almost impossible to make your way around London by any other method. Every Londoner knows that awful feeling when the train jerks to halt deep in a dark tunnel and everyone's wondering if this is a 30 second delay or a 30 minute ordeal. Few of us that use the Tube could even comprehend the abject terror of being trapped down there in a burning train after an explosion but, we all know that any one of us could have been there today.

London will be back to normal very fast. People will be quietly going about their business within a week or so and from the outside, it will appear that it's just as before. Among those people will be a few that look the same but are different from the rest. They've been given a task. Their job is to be a little more observant, a little more vigilant and when they find what they're looking for their actions will be swift and decisive. Their successes will not be reported and they'll receive no vote of thanks for their work. I'm proud to say that one of those people is me.

I thank you all for your words of support and good wishes - they are truly appreciated.
+Quote Post
dbledsoe
post Jul 7 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #58

Mutineer

Member No.: 687

Viralto,

Welcome to the 914World.com! And thank you for your first post.

God bless you and all of your countrymen. I wish you and all of the UK the best.

Don Bledsoe
Boise, Idaho USA
+Quote Post
richardL
post Jul 7 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 201

Thanks for the post viralto, I too am sorry that your first post has to be so sad.

I am a Brit also, now living in CA. I lived through the IRA campaign and almost (but luckily didn't) lost family on Pan Am 103 and also at a Wimpy bar bombing in London by the IRA.

Thanks for your words of future resolve - I wish you great and widespread success!

I hope your next posts are both more mundane and also more fun (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Richard
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 7 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #60

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE (viralto @ Jul 7 2005, 11:52 AM)
I'm a Brit, working in London who recently bought a '72 914 from California and I'm both very sad and very angry that my first post here is going to be this one.

Damn, that post really brings it home. Thanks for the very personal account. Those last minute route decisions are eerie, but I'm glad you made it.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:04 PM