Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> engine rebilding, which brands seem best
barringtonpro
post Apr 16 2020, 06:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,792
Region Association: None

After a 35 year hiatus from rebuilding my two 356 and four type 1 engines, i;m looking forward to rebuilding my current, '73 914 2.0 engine. I'd appreciate it if someone could answer a few basic question for me. One question i have is, "which piston cyl kits seem the best as in material, from aftermarket? I understand they would need to be measured - and is alloy finned worth the price over the cast iron finned. I always went with cast iron, with no problems while autocrossing the 356 engines, but that was long ago and maybe the casting were better back then, i don't know. Also who has the better gasket set?

If i where to go with the 96mm kit, what can i expect to pay a machine shop to do the cutting here in the N.E.? and last, how stable is the case? my 356 never needed align boring on the mains. is it typical with a tired 914 t4 to need it. I will of course measure for it?

thank you
Frank
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:47 PM