Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Head re-torque & Filter with check valve ?
Bulldog9
post Apr 21 2020, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have a bunch of upgrades and changes coming to #770 the next month or so.

Tangerine Horizontal cooling system, Tangerine stainless pushrod tubes, Hi Torque Starter, External oil cooler with cooling fan, change fuel filter, moving a few things to switched power (wipers, blinkers) and if I am feeling brave try to fix the wiper system so the intermittent feature works and it stops in the correct position automatically.

I'm in the middle of pulling the engine tins to send to Chris for the engine surround. When I pulled the carbs yesterday I was disappointed to find that the 'anti whistle' base gaskets had decomposed, were cracked, and in terrible shape. They were in place for 5 years. I wont use them again, will just use standard.

As I'm going to be changing out the pushrod tubes, and all the upper valvetrain will be removed, is this a good time to check the headbolts for proper torque? Haven't done since the original build 5 years and 15K+ miles.

If I do this, should I do them one at a time, or back all off slightly and then retorque?

Also, I'm running carbs, and one of those low pressure fuel pumps. Is there a Filter that I can put in with a check valve? I'm not running a pressure regulator, and am tired of the fuel being sucked back to the tank after I shut the car down.

Thanks all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:21 AM