I have a bunch of upgrades and changes coming to #770 the next month or so.

Tangerine Horizontal cooling system, Tangerine stainless pushrod tubes, Hi Torque Starter, External oil cooler with cooling fan, change fuel filter, moving a few things to switched power (wipers, blinkers) and if I am feeling brave try to fix the wiper system so the intermittent feature works and it stops in the correct position automatically.

I'm in the middle of pulling the engine tins to send to Chris for the engine surround. When I pulled the carbs yesterday I was disappointed to find that the 'anti whistle' base gaskets had decomposed, were cracked, and in terrible shape. They were in place for 5 years. I wont use them again, will just use standard.

As I'm going to be changing out the pushrod tubes, and all the upper valvetrain will be removed, is this a good time to check the headbolts for proper torque? Haven't done since the original build 5 years and 15K+ miles.

If I do this, should I do them one at a time, or back all off slightly and then retorque?

Also, I'm running carbs, and one of those low pressure fuel pumps. Is there a Filter that I can put in with a check valve? I'm not running a pressure regulator, and am tired of the fuel being sucked back to the tank after I shut the car down.

Thanks all.