Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slitghtly OT: STi crash at Streets of Willow
Trekkor
post Jul 7 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #21

I do things...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

full face helment when I'm on the track

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)

I thought the same thing.
And the Hans, too.

KT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wild 6
post Jul 7 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #22

See you at the next autocross.

Member No.: 3,128

There is a few of us Arizonies heading out to the big track at Willow tomorrow for this weekends NASA event. Three of us are PCA and NASA instructors and will instruct at this event. All drivers should strive for smoothness in every move they make. It is easy on the car's equipment, doesn't upset the car's balance and keeps people out of trouble.

There is no shame in going off the track!!!! I still do it quite often when I am trying to find the edge. I did drop a wheel off at Streets during the 914 Club event and so did the other instuctor I was following. We just came back on smoothly and gently. If you are a novice, never jerk the wheel for any reason - it makes instructors pee their pants. If you are a more advanced driver, remember, DE events are practice sessions to improve your skills, we want you to go fast (in fact we will teach you to go fast), but be smooth and safe.

P.S. At AZ PCA DE events, you have to be an instructor to take a passenger. It's not to protect the passenger, it's to allow the driver to concentrate on improving. Just something to think about. I'm off the soap box.

Andy
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jul 8 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #23

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (0396 @ Jul 7 2005, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (drew365 @ Jul 7 2005, 05:17 PM)
I've never noticed that wall and I agree with Howard, it will probably be gone soon. There was a similar wall up between turn 2 and 3 that a 993 wiped out the side of his car on about 2 years ago and they removed it before the next event. I'm ordering a HANS device and all new 5 point belts next week.

drew365,

I'm looking in to a Hans too. If I can get another person to join in on your purchase , can get we a group buy of sorts?

There is a group buy going on right now. The POC put together as many member as was interested and is arranging installation right now. My understanding is a 10% discount and free mounting of the helmet hardware. I am supposed to be in with this buy but have not been contacted yet so I don't know what is up with that.
However, Werks II in Burbank is offering their own special. Apparently Galen got po'd at the POC for some reason and is offering 10% discount, free mounting and free shoulder pad color choice. So if you want you should contact them now before he stops the promotion. Werks II, Galen, (818) 845-2530.
+Quote Post
post Jul 8 2005, 08:04 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (drew365 @ Jul 8 2005, 05:54 AM)
QUOTE (0396 @ Jul 7 2005, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (drew365 @ Jul 7 2005, 05:17 PM)
I've never noticed that wall and I agree with Howard, it will probably be gone soon. There was a similar wall up between turn 2 and 3 that a 993 wiped out the side of his car on about 2 years ago and they removed it before the next event. I'm ordering a HANS device and all new 5 point belts next week.

drew365,

I'm looking in to a Hans too. If I can get another person to join in on your purchase , can get we a group buy of sorts?

There is a group buy going on right now. The POC put together as many member as was interested and is arranging installation right now. My understanding is a 10% discount and free mounting of the helmet hardware. I am supposed to be in with this buy but have not been contacted yet so I don't know what is up with that.
However, Werks II in Burbank is offering their own special. Apparently Galen got po'd at the POC for some reason and is offering 10% discount, free mounting and free shoulder pad color choice. So if you want you should contact them now before he stops the promotion. Werks II, Galen, (818) 845-2530.

drew365 ,

I was contacted via email for the POC group sale too, never opted in . But since Galen and I go way way back,I'll send
the business his way.

Thanks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
drew365
post Jul 8 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #25

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

If I don't hear from someone about where to go for installation by Monday, I will call Galen also.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 8 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #26

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i never noticed the wall either. but i was too busy with zios yelling at me and checking my mirrior.

k
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jul 8 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

Before we allowed out on the track (Thunderhill) for DE, we spent an entire day with Hank Watts doing a DE ground school.

There was much to learn / absorb during this day. It really blew my mind how much - and this was after reading Hank's book.

To be honest I don't understand how someone can go out on track without this type of prerequisite and still be safe.

Kind of like asking my 16 year old son to just start driving on city roads without knowing the rules.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jul 8 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

Is this the same WRX that was at our WCC 05 event?
There was a white WRX in my run group that new the track very well.
I wonder if it was the same guy.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 8 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #29

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE (Steve @ Jul 8 2005, 12:52 PM)
Is this the same WRX that was at our WCC 05 event?
There was a white WRX in my run group that new the track very well.
I wonder if it was the same guy.

highly unlikely -- in any case, i remember the wrx in our group as being different.
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 8 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #30

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

There were at least 2 WRXs. One was ours, a silver wagon. The other was an STi that I think was white. Ours definitely wasn't the one that knew the track very well, so it must have been the STi. I doubt it was the same one though, I don't remember any blue tape. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
messix
post Jul 8 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #31

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

again.. lap belts goes on the hip/ leg joint tight, then place and adjust shoulder harness so it doesnt pull the lap belt up. and the seat back needs to be upright not laid back like the ricers ride around all reclined like in the dentist chair.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:33 AM