Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MegaSquirt wiring
Rikyrat
post Apr 27 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,844
Region Association: None

I am in the final stages installing my megasquirt injection system, on a 1974 1.8.

But I am a little puzzled by the ignition harness. Having read as much as I can on the forum, about the wiring, I am still confused, nothing new for me. I have been checking the wiring harness out, I have continuity from the relay board to the single black wire, which I assume is the coil+, I have checked from pin 7 on the 12 pin connector to the end, and also from the relay socket, and all seems good.

According to a diagram I found, pin 7, gets power for relay 2 and relay 4, when the ignition is switched on. Which does not seem to be happening. I am getting power to the relay socket on both. There was only one relay, relay 4. I also found some notes stating that the L-Jet system does not use the relay board for the ignition coil, scratching my head. The engine turns over when I try to start it, so that is a good sign, but before I attempt to do the final wiring on the megasquirt I need to sort this out, mainly so I don't fry something. I have ordered new relays, which will arrive today. I am wondering why I don't see 12v at the wire, when it the key is in the run position, am I missing something somewhere, and does it have to do with the L-Jet ignition harness?

There are 4 wires, actually 5, if you count the dual wire.
1. b/p tracer - coil+
2. b/r tracer - tach wire
3. brown - ground -- Should this be grounded -- could that be my problem?
4. green - oil pressure light.

Since I am not using the L-Jet ignition harness, is the dual relay needed, are these wires the only ones I need to be concerned about, and can I delete the others from the harness. I have another harness, and want to get rid of all of the unnecessary wiring from it, to clean things up. Has anybody ever done this?

Any assistance is appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Rikyrat   MegaSquirt wiring   Apr 27 2020, 11:42 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:07 PM