I am in the final stages installing my megasquirt injection system, on a 1974 1.8.

But I am a little puzzled by the ignition harness. Having read as much as I can on the forum, about the wiring, I am still confused, nothing new for me. I have been checking the wiring harness out, I have continuity from the relay board to the single black wire, which I assume is the coil+, I have checked from pin 7 on the 12 pin connector to the end, and also from the relay socket, and all seems good.

According to a diagram I found, pin 7, gets power for relay 2 and relay 4, when the ignition is switched on. Which does not seem to be happening. I am getting power to the relay socket on both. There was only one relay, relay 4. I also found some notes stating that the L-Jet system does not use the relay board for the ignition coil, scratching my head. The engine turns over when I try to start it, so that is a good sign, but before I attempt to do the final wiring on the megasquirt I need to sort this out, mainly so I don't fry something. I have ordered new relays, which will arrive today. I am wondering why I don't see 12v at the wire, when it the key is in the run position, am I missing something somewhere, and does it have to do with the L-Jet ignition harness?

There are 4 wires, actually 5, if you count the dual wire.
1. b/p tracer - coil+
2. b/r tracer - tach wire
3. brown - ground -- Should this be grounded -- could that be my problem?
4. green - oil pressure light.

Since I am not using the L-Jet ignition harness, is the dual relay needed, are these wires the only ones I need to be concerned about, and can I delete the others from the harness. I have another harness, and want to get rid of all of the unnecessary wiring from it, to clean things up. Has anybody ever done this?

Any assistance is appreciated.