Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shifter woes, R, 2nd and 4th only
BPic
post May 2 2020, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,864
Region Association: South East States

Evening everyone,

Ok, I used Dr. Evils notes - no luck. Used Racer Chris's bungee method and I got r,2,4th only. Was thinking the trans must just be screwed and adjusted way out of synch and got 1st 3rd and 5th! But no R,2,or 4.
I looked under the car with it in neutral and it appears that the shaft connection at the firewall is stopping it for moving any further to catch 1,3 and 5 when it is the correct position. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Back story: I did replace inside and outside firewalls and added Tangerine Racing's shift bushing.

It looks like if I removed the bushing and added the stock bushing it should have enough clearance. Has anyone had this issue with Tangerine's bushings? Will removing it help or is there a bigger issue? Or am I just an idiot and didn't follow the directions? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Wanted to get the brain trusts input before I cut off the bushing. I do have a stock plastic bushing that I can install.

Here's a photo with the car in neutral. If I pull on the shifter it needs to move forward from where it is now.

Attached Image

Cheers all!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:36 PM