Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil pumps and covers, Are they interchangeable?
Wew
post May 7 2020, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,335
Region Association: None

Hi all,

I am in the process of putting my engine back together on my 2.0
I ordered a new oil pump and a schadek type 4 with 26mm gears was recommended. The new pump seems to be aluminum with a aluminum plate for the cover. The old pump look to be steel along with the plate. The new pump was installed with permatex thread sealer on case along with the gasket. Then the pump was installed with the permatex aircraft sealant and was pushed snug against the block. (Makes type 4 rebuild dvd) Now comes the problem. The new aluminum square cover could not slide flush against the pump. It is too big and will require grinding. I still have the original pump plate which is the steel one which I slid it on and tightened down the bolts so as to make a tight seal for the pump.
Is there any harm in taking the steel seal off and applying the gasket and permatex aircraft sealant to it then torquing it back down and call it good?
Or do I go through the process of grinding down the aluminum piece and installing? My main concern is not have an oil leak.
Anyone have any thoughts or experience regarding this?
Your input and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:20 PM