Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Happy Mothers Day, A Toast to our Moms !¡
Maltese Falcon
post May 9 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Happy Mothers Day to all of you celebrating this Sunday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
Here's a snapshot (for real on a Kodak Brownie camera) of my Mom Betty, next to our '52 Chevy business coupe in Sea Foam green. She's responsible for my obsessive Automotive life/work style, as she set me up with my first Matchbox cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) She always told me that even before I could speak my first few words, that she saw a light come on when I slid those little cars around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 8)
second wind
post May 9 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

My mom's name was Bette......I think that is how she spelled it. She passed away when I was 12 years old. Jus' sharin' some facts why I am how I am. I remember her flooring her car to get through a yellow light. Go mom go!!!
All the best,
gg
+Quote Post
second wind
post May 9 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #3

I am sorry to throw a cold chill on your post but Betty and mom and Mother's Day kinda' hit me. I feel safe being real here on 914 World with such good friends and cohorts so I just spilled my guts. There you have it.
Thank you for your kind understanding,
gg

PS Drove my 914 today and it runs fantastic!! Top off....90 degrees...mountain roads....new visors installed that look awesome....all good! gg
+Quote Post
second wind
post May 9 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #4

My mom was happy go lucky and a kick in the pants and a super lady.....keep the good thoughts going on this post!! We are are so lucky to be here and thanks to our mothers getting us here!! Woo Hoo!! We are all so blessed!!
gg
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post May 9 2020, 11:43 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(second wind @ May 9 2020, 10:16 PM) *

My mom was happy go lucky and a kick in the pants and a super lady.....keep the good thoughts going on this post!! We are are so lucky to be here and thanks to our mothers getting us here!! Woo Hoo!! We are all so blessed!!
gg

It's good to have these great memories , as you say We are truly blessed ! I keep lots of pics of Mom and Dad in my shop office, and it's a little bit of Mother's day and Father's day everyday !
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post May 10 2020, 06:48 AM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

my mom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dion
post May 10 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #7

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Great posts fellas, Happy Moms day to all the 914 moms.
One memory of my Mom that’s car related was when we took a little road trip to see one of her aunts. Mom had a ‘68 Impala with a wonky fuel gauge. I remember the car sputtering and we coasted to a stop. She popped out and pushed the car to the side. Had me steer. Middle of nowhere in a rural area. Mom pops the trunk and grabs the gas can! Let’s go!
It was a good LONG walk to a one pump station she spotted on a side road. Turned out to be a farm. I remember the tractors parked all around. Told me to go knock on the door. We got the gas & I had my first ride in the back of a pickup bed. I think I was around 8 yrs old. One thing about my Mom she was never afraid to try or do anything.
She always encouraged ya to do no matter what it was.
I lost her in 2010.
Happy Moms Day!
+Quote Post
roblav1
post May 10 2020, 08:09 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,943
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My mother bought a 1972 914 in 1975 and drove it for about 10 years. That car was still in their back yard when my father passed in 2016.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post May 10 2020, 08:53 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(second wind @ May 10 2020, 12:39 AM) *

I am sorry to throw a cold chill on your post but Betty and mom and Mother's Day kinda' hit me. I feel safe being real here on 914 World with such good friends and cohorts so I just spilled my guts. There you have it.
Thank you for your kind understanding,
gg

PS Drove my 914 today and it runs fantastic!! Top off....90 degrees...mountain roads....new visors installed that look awesome....all good! gg

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) , totally. Going for a ride this sunny afternoon, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 09:15 AM