Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Mothers Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Happy Mothers Day to all of you celebrating this Sunday wub.gif
Here's a snapshot (for real on a Kodak Brownie camera) of my Mom Betty, next to our '52 Chevy business coupe in Sea Foam green. She's responsible for my obsessive Automotive life/work style, as she set me up with my first Matchbox cars biggrin.gif She always told me that even before I could speak my first few words, that she saw a light come on when I slid those little cars around driving.gif
Click to view attachment
second wind
My mom's name was Bette......I think that is how she spelled it. She passed away when I was 12 years old. Jus' sharin' some facts why I am how I am. I remember her flooring her car to get through a yellow light. Go mom go!!!
All the best,
gg
second wind
I am sorry to throw a cold chill on your post but Betty and mom and Mother's Day kinda' hit me. I feel safe being real here on 914 World with such good friends and cohorts so I just spilled my guts. There you have it.
Thank you for your kind understanding,
gg

PS Drove my 914 today and it runs fantastic!! Top off....90 degrees...mountain roads....new visors installed that look awesome....all good! gg
second wind
My mom was happy go lucky and a kick in the pants and a super lady.....keep the good thoughts going on this post!! We are are so lucky to be here and thanks to our mothers getting us here!! Woo Hoo!! We are all so blessed!!
gg
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(second wind @ May 9 2020, 10:16 PM) *

My mom was happy go lucky and a kick in the pants and a super lady.....keep the good thoughts going on this post!! We are are so lucky to be here and thanks to our mothers getting us here!! Woo Hoo!! We are all so blessed!!
gg

It's good to have these great memories , as you say We are truly blessed ! I keep lots of pics of Mom and Dad in my shop office, and it's a little bit of Mother's day and Father's day everyday !
sixnotfour
my mom driving-girl.gif
Dion
Great posts fellas, Happy Moms day to all the 914 moms.
One memory of my Mom that’s car related was when we took a little road trip to see one of her aunts. Mom had a ‘68 Impala with a wonky fuel gauge. I remember the car sputtering and we coasted to a stop. She popped out and pushed the car to the side. Had me steer. Middle of nowhere in a rural area. Mom pops the trunk and grabs the gas can! Let’s go!
It was a good LONG walk to a one pump station she spotted on a side road. Turned out to be a farm. I remember the tractors parked all around. Told me to go knock on the door. We got the gas & I had my first ride in the back of a pickup bed. I think I was around 8 yrs old. One thing about my Mom she was never afraid to try or do anything.
She always encouraged ya to do no matter what it was.
I lost her in 2010.
Happy Moms Day!
roblav1
My mother bought a 1972 914 in 1975 and drove it for about 10 years. That car was still in their back yard when my father passed in 2016.
StarBear
QUOTE(second wind @ May 10 2020, 12:39 AM) *

I am sorry to throw a cold chill on your post but Betty and mom and Mother's Day kinda' hit me. I feel safe being real here on 914 World with such good friends and cohorts so I just spilled my guts. There you have it.
Thank you for your kind understanding,
gg

PS Drove my 914 today and it runs fantastic!! Top off....90 degrees...mountain roads....new visors installed that look awesome....all good! gg

agree.gif , totally. Going for a ride this sunny afternoon, too. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.