Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Your Running Gates Hi Pressure Fuel Line, read this
76-914
post May 13 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

First I want to say that I am happy with their product and prefer it over the Goodyear design that is so easily crimped as it is very soft. Having said that, a few weeks back I started getting a whiff of petrol when I raised the trunk lid and sometimes sitting in the car when first started in the mornings. Last week I found the leak where the incoming 42psi line connects to the aluminum tube of the gas filter. (I should mention I'm running a Subaru set up incase this doesn't sound familiar.) I was able to easily tighten the FI hose clamp another 3/4 of a turn. Hmm. Did I never tighten that and 20,000 miles/6 years later it leaks? So I checked the others. All needed another 1/2-1 turn in order to fully compress. None of the others had begun to leak but I feel sure they would have in due time. I'll take a look at tightening the 2 other clamps beneath the fuel tank today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I believe that this type hose compress's over time and will add this to the annual inspection list. Again; great product but check those clamps from time to time if you're running this style barrier hose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:19 PM