Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spotted at Buena Park White Martini style wide fender, May 28 around 3:40pm
Scott S
post Aug 12 2020, 09:46 AM
Post #21

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Hi All -
Been a long time - hope everyone is doing well and safe,

Stumbled on this. Yes, thats my old car - I owned it from 92 to 2013. It's been sold a few times since I let it go. Nice to see that is still lives.

Looks like its on much bigger wheels now (I ran 15x7/8), and the car looks like it has a rake to the front. Not my thing, but thats fine - just a chocolate or vanilla thing.

Flares are spot on/ The valance being a part of the bumper makes the rear look high in that pic.

My original rear 916 bumper was smashed in 1994. It was a perfect replica of the original. Unforntunately the repos they were making at that time had that new/different profile and incorrect license plate area. Always hated that.

Front bumper is hens teeth. Correct profile and does not get narrower as it gets to the center of the hood. It was purchased in the mid 80's.

When I sold it it had a carbed 2.7 - 6

I stole the bolt on flare idea from a white 914 featured in a mid-80's "VW and Porsche" magazine. When I built the car, steel flares we not the norm (folks did not spend that kind of money) and every car I saw with fiberglass flares always started to crack or the blend lines became visible. I like old race cars, so this seemed like a perfect marriage. Did the Martini stuff on a whim as I had never seen another one. Nice to see it has lasted.

Miss that little car sometimes. After 20+ years it was tough to let it go. Just had to many other car projects going.

Oh, the Lemans cars only had the door number light on the passenger side. Yes, drilling that hole was scary - but that light looked killer at night on the highway. It was far scarier drilling and riveting the front and rear deck lid hold down and pins!

here are some very old pics.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Aug 12 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

I live in Buena Park.
I see this car out and about on occasion.
Never had the pleasure to stop and chat.
I usually see him up and down Beach Blvd (Main St) Must be a local (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Glad to see him enjoying it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Aug 12 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #23

Small Member

Member No.: 633

One cool anecdote (for me at least) -

I grew up in the City of Orange proper (went to school at St Johns, as did my parents and grandparents). All of my remaining family is still there, and within a 5 mile radius of each other and the old town circle. Been there since 1900. I lived in Villa Park and Newport as well.

My dads 9146 that he drove daily back and forth to LA back in the 70's was what got me into these cars. Kind of cool that my old car is out there now.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:56 PM