Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> a GREAT drive today, not without some drama
rhodyguy
post Jul 9 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

dave hunt and i drove to packwood to check out a scca event. about 30 miles from home my driver's side valve cover gasket decided to call it quits. i finally saw dave's signal to pull over. lucky for me he had 2 in his front trunk (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/pray.gif) . a quick cool down, jack up the car (first time with the stock jack), remove the tire, r&r the valve cover, put the car back down on the ground, add 1 1/2 quarts of oil, and we were rolling again. not with out a few paraniod stops to ensure the problem was solved.

on the way to Packwood we used Skate Creek Rd. locals may be familiar with it. 17 miles of good to fair, 2 lane divided blacktop, with approx a 2500 ft elevation gain. the road cuts through the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. no stops, few places to pass, very little other traffic (what little there was pulled over to let 2 fools race by), and more corners than i can estimate.

the a-x facility was fantastic. first picture shows the right side of the parking lot.

k

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:45 PM