Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Things heating up, temps going hot on a cool night, brakes?
nditiz1
post Jun 14 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Took the silver car out for a cruise after getting the Rennline pedal board installed. It seemed things were OK until I got on the highway to open up. The CHT started to rise at an unsafe level so I pulled over. Dropping from 5th to 4th only helped temporarily. I noticed the clutch grab was very high. I am wondering if the clutch wasn't fully releasing, but I dont think this would cause additional heat only additional slippage? I have since adjusted it. Im more concerned with the brakes as it seemed when I came to a stop the car did not slow to a coasted unassisted stop but more so as though light braking was being applied. None of the wheels felt more hot than the rest. The new pedal assembly I put in was set to the same length as the old but maybe further adjustment is needed. I noticed it was tough to move into the garage one night as though the brakes were applied. That combined with the ebrake not having a crisp click click click leads me to believe something is going on. I did jack the rear up and was able to turn both wheels with little force and noticed some slight dragging, expected right? I need to check the fronts for ease of spin.

Other Ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:05 PM