Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A funny story, with a happy ending
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 19 2003, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Two trunks are better than one!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Yesterday, I went for a ride in the teener. I came home and pulled the car into the garage. When I got out of the car I was hit in the face with the strong smell of gasoline. My first thought was, Oh no!! a fuel leak!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) I popped the engine lid and looked around. I didn't see any fuel anywhere. (Some background on my car: I bought it in November and went through it over the winter replacing things that wear out including the fuel lines, but I didn't replace the hard plastic lines or the lines that go from the fuel runners to the injectors). OK so now I think it must be leaking from underneath the car. The dreaded thought of the work involved in replacing the plastic lines was mixed with the relief that I got the car home and parked before it burned to the ground out on the road somewhere (I do have a fire extinguisher mounted in the car). Well, anywho I was so freaked out about the close call that I decided to put off looking for the leak until later. That night at dinner, my wife syas to me, "Oh I was filling the lawnmower with gas in the garage today and I spilled a bunch of gas by where you park your car. I cleaned it up with rags and threw them away." I leaned over and gave her a big kiss. She says, "What's that for?" I told her it was for spilling gas, then proceeded to tell her the story of how I thought my teener narrowly averted a firey death. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Curvie Roadlover   A funny story   Jul 19 2003, 09:21 AM
KaptKaos   Your wife mows the lawn?   Jul 19 2003, 09:25 AM
Mueller   My wife mows our lawns......she knows I won't ...   Jul 19 2003, 10:06 AM
Slowpoke   Damn, I don't want to sound like the safety na...   Jul 19 2003, 10:21 AM
Curvie Roadlover   ...   Jul 19 2003, 11:50 AM
Curvie Roadlover   ...   Jul 19 2003, 11:51 AM
Hawk   Curvie, The thought of taking that motor out again...   Jul 19 2003, 12:11 PM
Curvie Roadlover   Hawk, I hope you're enjoying Cape Cod. Anytime...   Jul 19 2003, 12:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:30 PM