Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A funny story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
Yesterday, I went for a ride in the teener. I came home and pulled the car into the garage. When I got out of the car I was hit in the face with the strong smell of gasoline. My first thought was, Oh no!! a fuel leak!" ohmy.gif I popped the engine lid and looked around. I didn't see any fuel anywhere. (Some background on my car: I bought it in November and went through it over the winter replacing things that wear out including the fuel lines, but I didn't replace the hard plastic lines or the lines that go from the fuel runners to the injectors). OK so now I think it must be leaking from underneath the car. The dreaded thought of the work involved in replacing the plastic lines was mixed with the relief that I got the car home and parked before it burned to the ground out on the road somewhere (I do have a fire extinguisher mounted in the car). Well, anywho I was so freaked out about the close call that I decided to put off looking for the leak until later. That night at dinner, my wife syas to me, "Oh I was filling the lawnmower with gas in the garage today and I spilled a bunch of gas by where you park your car. I cleaned it up with rags and threw them away." I leaned over and gave her a big kiss. She says, "What's that for?" I told her it was for spilling gas, then proceeded to tell her the story of how I thought my teener narrowly averted a firey death. mueba.gif
KaptKaos
Your wife mows the lawn?
Mueller
My wife mows our lawns......she knows I won't do it unless it reaches a certain height.....
1000sq ft or so of grass....self propelled so its not so bad smile.gif
Slowpoke
Damn, I don't want to sound like the safety nazi's, but "threw them away". huh.gif I hope you live in an apartment complex with a dumpster, cause if they are in your trash can by your house. Well, you could still burn your 914 when they spontanously combust and burn your house down. Really, I'd want to find out where "away" actually is right now.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jul 19 2003, 07:25 AM)
Your wife mows the lawn?

I would be more that happy to mow the lawn - really ! but my wife actually ENJOYS cutting the lawn. There have been times in the past when the grass got kinda high so I took it upon myself to cut it rather than mention it to her. Big mistake. She was mad at me for cutting it and depriving her of the pleasure. So, now I just leave it to her 'cuz that's the way she wants it to be. clap56.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Slowpoke @ Jul 19 2003, 08:21 AM)
Damn, I don't want to sound like the safety nazi's, but "threw them away". huh.gif I hope you live in an apartment complex with a dumpster, cause if they are in your trash can by your house. Well, you could still burn your 914 when they spontanously combust and burn your house down. Really, I'd want to find out where "away" actually is right now.

She actually just left them on the floor of the garage. They have since been properly disposed of. Thank you for your concern
Hawk
Curvie,
The thought of taking that motor out again, now that the weather is excellent, is demoralizing. Glad all turned out.
Hey, where has summer gone? When are we gonna do that Milan run with the boys?
hawk on Cape Cod cool_shades.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Hawk, I hope you're enjoying Cape Cod. Anytime you want to go on the Milan run I'm ready. If you looked at the SMOG calendar, August and September are pretty busy for 914 stuff and Porsche stuff in general, but there's always room for another drive down through the twisties. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.