Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Driving!, Covid restrictions therapy!
Ian Stott
post Jun 23 2020, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

I live in a relatively unpopulated part of Canada ( New Brunswick ) and we are not allowed to leave the province at the present time due to Covid. I do not have a problem with that, as we have experienced very few cases. I am not a native of this province so I am taking the opportunity to tour around using the older roads (which are in surprisingly good shape), I have discovered some pretty remarkable sites, the worlds longest covered bridge, in Hartland New Bruswick; a town called Grand Falls which has water flow close to Niagra Falls volume in the spring of the year and a very lifelike statue of a guy named Ron Turcotte riding the famous racing horse Secretariat ( did I spell that right? ). I have fueled up on a First Nations reserve where the service and price was the best of anywhere I have fueled up in a long time. I have been in communities where english is rarely spoken, ( thankfully my french is a bit more than passable ); New Brunswick is the only province in Canada that is officially bilingual.

I have so much more to see and experience, doing all this this in a 914 reminds me how fortunate we all are to enjoy these wonderful cars, it always draws attention and positive comments. The teener ( once warmed up ) has performed admirably, smooth as silk on smooth blacktop, corners like a go kart, excellant fuel mileage and very comfortable even after a 600 mile day!

I have never been successful at adding pictures to my posts, I am old and not very teccccy!

Sharing my recent experiences as I have always enjoyed other peoples stories.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:33 AM