Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
I live in a relatively unpopulated part of Canada ( New Brunswick ) and we are not allowed to leave the province at the present time due to Covid. I do not have a problem with that, as we have experienced very few cases. I am not a native of this province so I am taking the opportunity to tour around using the older roads (which are in surprisingly good shape), I have discovered some pretty remarkable sites, the worlds longest covered bridge, in Hartland New Bruswick; a town called Grand Falls which has water flow close to Niagra Falls volume in the spring of the year and a very lifelike statue of a guy named Ron Turcotte riding the famous racing horse Secretariat ( did I spell that right? ). I have fueled up on a First Nations reserve where the service and price was the best of anywhere I have fueled up in a long time. I have been in communities where english is rarely spoken, ( thankfully my french is a bit more than passable ); New Brunswick is the only province in Canada that is officially bilingual.

I have so much more to see and experience, doing all this this in a 914 reminds me how fortunate we all are to enjoy these wonderful cars, it always draws attention and positive comments. The teener ( once warmed up ) has performed admirably, smooth as silk on smooth blacktop, corners like a go kart, excellant fuel mileage and very comfortable even after a 600 mile day!

I have never been successful at adding pictures to my posts, I am old and not very teccccy!

Sharing my recent experiences as I have always enjoyed other peoples stories.
Mark Henry
New Brunswick is beautiful, I hope I get back there sometime. Ian is in Moncton, so less than 30 minutes from the Bay of Fundy provincial park.

I get most of my gas from the reserve, a small village spread out along a mile of main road about 25 minutes from me, with about 10 full serve gas stations, 20 cig shops and around 20 natural medicine "dispensaries"....aka pot shops. Premium pure gas is .15 cents a liter cheaper, about .70 cents a US gallon, than anywhere else including Costco.
Locals call it the green mile. smoke.gif

https://kawarthanow.com/2019/03/03/the-gree...e-first-nation/
sixnotfour
Great to get out and about..
pic help
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
Nojoah
Truly amazing seeing some of the sites in smaller cities/towns in Canada. I can tell you first hand from Northern-western Ontario that some of the most beautiful places are unknown to the masses. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.