Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Placement of fuel filter
Mcraneiowa
post Jun 24 2020, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,387
Region Association: None

Looking for insight on placement of fuel filter and pump. I know there are varying opinions, front or back but here is my twist and want to see what anyone thinks. It’s okay if you question my thinking.
To bring you up to speed, I have the entire fuel system removed and just installed stainless fuel lines from Tangerine. I’m thinking about placing the fuel filter up under the tank and leaving the fuel pump in the rear. I just ordered a Bosch 69133 pump to replace the original one. So this changes routing the fuel lines to two ports, one on each side of the pump verse three on one end of the pump.
The hard lines come into the engine bay facing towards the passenger side which does not provide enough room to place the filter then the pump without looping the fuel lines.
I’m trying to think how to keep things neat and simple.

I’ve attached a picture of the pump mounting location, original to the car. Please share your thoughts and ideas. If someone is really for mounting everything up front under the tank, I’d like to see some good pics . That seems like that could get crowded and hard to work on later. Just having a filter up there with a bit of extra hose, I’m thinking I could easily pull that through the 6” hole to change without much hassle. Thanks, MikeAttached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:17 AM