Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CSP Bellcrank linkage and Dellorto's, Hitting the stop boss?
nditiz1
post Jun 25 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I just received a new set of CSP Linkage to replace the hexbar setup. The hexbar might have been fine, but I wanted better. The best would have been tangerine, but I haven't found that money tree yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyway, went to test fit the drivers side and I ran into a snag. The ball screw going through the cam is hitting the stop boss on the rear side of the carb. Now, I guess I could flip the carbs, ugh, but this is how they should be setup as it is a L and R pair with the vac port sitting where it is suppose to on the passenger over top of cyl #4. Has anyone else run into this issue? I guess I could go from a pull type to a push type and flip the cam to the bottom. It just seemed better if everything was in a pull motion as opposed to the cable pulling the pivot which pushes the butterflies.

(IMG:http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50045780601_1a2ce4ef73_c.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 26 2020, 05:21 AM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I can't tell from the pic, but you may have to swap the carbs
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Jun 26 2020, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Perry - I am trying to avoid that

By adding a washer and grinding down the screw end of the ball I am just clearing it. I may grind the cam a little to get more grip on the end nut as well as all little more space up top. So grinding the top of the cam on the inside closest to the carb barrel and then on the outside where the shaft nut tightens. I know I have seen weber cams have this bump out built in. This to me is something CSP should adopt in their kits as well.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 26 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

I used a knock-off version of the CSP one my last build,I had to cut the spare thread off and do a little clearancing on one 36 Dell (RH side) one as per pic .
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Teryn It Up
post Jun 27 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,437
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I don't know if this will be helpful because I'm using webers but I am using the csp bell crank set up. And instead using the arms to pull the throttles I set them to push. I also used the cams that came on my webers instead of the csp cams.
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Jun 27 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Thanks Teryn.

It's good to know you haven't seen any issues going to a push type method. I ordered some weber parts from pierce manifolds to stick on these Dells (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
They are the linkage parts that angle out so we'll see. Worst case I either go to a push type and drop the link piece to the bottom or go the route I currently have which is grind the link piece inside and trim the threads.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 28 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(Teryn It Up @ Jun 28 2020, 10:09 AM) *

I don't know if this will be helpful because I'm using webers but I am using the csp bell crank set up. And instead using the arms to pull the throttles I set them to push. I also used the cams that came on my webers instead of the csp cams.

That's correct,I now remember using genuine Dellorto arms as the were slightly longer,expect the Weber ones will be the same.
I ditched the ball joints that my kit came with and used CB Performance ones.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:50 PM