Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD! FS: '72 914 1.7 in Philly area - lots of pictures!
dkos
post Jul 9 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #61

say, "RUST"!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,204
Region Association: None

A few more photos

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jul 9 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

I think you've got a $1500 914 all day long! The front trunk has a few spots, the front of driver's rear quarter at the bottom looks a little "bondo sketchy", and it obviously needs some bodywork. That said, as far as 50 year old hell holes goes, yours looks pretty damn good. The floor pans look like they've already been addressed, and the rear trunk looks pretty good.

The longs are a bit suspicious, but honestly, that could go either way. To me it looks like the inner longs have a stiffening kit, and another poster says the outside is also a stiffening kit. I find it unlikely that someone would go to the trouble of addressing the inside and outside of the longs, just to leave the insides a rusty mess. Personally, I could care less if the jacking point is there....although, if it bothers you, it looks like he has included a set in the sale. My point here is that if you're buying this to make it into an autocrosser or nice driver quality vehicle, this whole "long" issue might be a good thing. It could be stiffer than stock. I guess you'd need a camera in there to really know.

The other places I would like to see are behind the back pad AND pictures from underneath the car...doughnut holes, suspension, trailing arms, etc. It's 4 screws to remove the pad and unscrewing the engine lid latch. The bottoms of the firewall behind the seat are often rusted. It would be nice to see the condition of those lower firewall corners.

If you're interested in a future concours car, this is likely not it. If you want to upgrade the suspension, engine, and create your version of the 914, I think this is a great place to start. Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
dkos
post Jul 10 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #63

say, "RUST"!

I was asked to post pics of the underside of the car, jack points, engine firewall, suspension mounting ears. The pics aren't the best but as good as i could do with the car on the ground.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
dkos
post Jul 10 2020, 11:46 AM
Post #64

say, "RUST"!

...more

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
VG-914
post Jul 24 2020, 12:25 PM
Post #65

777AIA

Member No.: 12,980
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(dkos @ Jul 10 2020, 10:46 AM) *

...more

I think you should take all of these pictures, and submit this to www.bringatrailer.com for a No Reserve auction, and you will have it sold in seven days for their $90 fee, and will see what the market will go for her. Post on here that its listed, and lookers on 914world will bid too!
Best way to move it out of the garage quickly!
Good luck with it! Nice to see barn finds still out there worth attacking! I'd do it, but have two already and need to unload one myself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:57 AM