Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fire prevention., Fuel lines
914Toy
post Jul 9 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

After seeing the awful fire story this week, I decided to upgrade the fuel lines in my 914 engine bay. So from where the Tangerine SS fuel line emerges from the tunnel into the engine bay, I removed my system of: generic rubber fuel lines with screw clamps, fuel regulator with fuel gauge, and intakes from the Weber carbs, from my 2.7 liter 911 engine. Took this assembly to Mesa Hose in Costa Mesa, CA, and had them replace the hoses and clamps and install threaded connections, and weld up threaded connections on the carb inlets. The pic shows the assembly before installing, with the left hand hose end to be connected to the tunnel fuel line, and the other two ends to be thread connected to the racing style welded Weber carb intakes shown in the pic. The fuel line has a teflon inner and outer shell with a SS braided tube sandwiched between the teflon inner and outer tubes. There is also a reusable inline filter that can be removed and flush/cleaned. These guys know what they are doing. So I feel the $295 spent was well worth it.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:20 AM