Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 2.0 1976 for sale
gturner008
post Jul 15 2020, 07:24 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,163
Region Association: Canada

The VIN you state is correct.

The car has not be restored. Ever.

The yellowing of the area shown in your photo was an anti corrosion wax like oil. It wiped off.

I’ll add some additional photos of the area you’ve asked for.

I believe you’ve just not got your head around the facts in the miles and documented proof here. I did my diligence thoroughly and have had many email and calls with the first owner. She’s a lovely lady and absolutely treasured her 914. It’s a credit to her. She didn’t drive it in winter. Had it serviced 19 times (all with garage receipts). Only drove it in sunny days.

The Zeibart treatment she commissioned with the dealer was a great investment. A very effective process. Incredible, but the dealer fit radio/cassette was more expensive than the Zeibart treatment!

I hope James that I’ve described fully why I believe the car is as genuine as they come. I too want you to know I’m as genuine as they come too. It’s not relevant what I paid for the car.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Jul 15 2020, 07:26 AM
Post #42

Another shot.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 15 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #43

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Quite the discussion in a FS ad. So much for posted rules. Remember not to EVER make any profit if you ever sell your house (or anything else for that matter). Sell it for what you paid for it.
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Jul 15 2020, 08:09 AM
Post #44

Here here. Agreed.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jul 15 2020, 08:09 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Whatever the case it does appear to be a very clean car. I wish you best of luck with the sale.
+Quote Post
914Next
post Jul 15 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 15 2020, 08:27 AM) *

Quite the discussion in a FS ad. So much for posted rules. Remember not to EVER make any profit if you ever sell your house (or anything else for that matter). Sell it for what you paid for it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I don't know the seller or the car but I give him quite a bit of credit for having the patience to put up with some of the comments here. Thanks for keeping a cool head. Frankly I don't see "flipper". I see a guy who was smart enough to go after a car that many of us passed by on BAT (still don't understand how this one topped out at 18k there) bought the car, was fascinated with it's originality, explored that with others here, cleaned the car up and is attempting to now sell it. While I don't think he'll get anywhere close to $75k, why the hell should he not go for whatever her can get? Those who say he should take just a reasonable profit over what he paid so that the next owner can realize any additional profit truly make no sense. Come on guys....give this guy a break. Let's all appreciate what appears to be a really nice car and wish him well with the sale.

To the seller: I agree with the other person who suggested you go back to BAT. With the right pics and presented in the right way, I see this car possibly bringing $40-45k+ assuming some of the questions being raised can be addressed.
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Jul 15 2020, 07:49 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) THIS.

Nicely put, @914Next

If someone thinks that the price is too high, they shouldn't buy it.
If it goes high, it's a rising tide for the rest of us....
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Jul 16 2020, 06:19 AM
Post #48

I really appreciate your comments.

I’ve been blown away by this great community - such amazing help whenever I asked a dumb Newbie question.

I’m trying to work out a way to keep the 914. I don’t think I want to go into my personal circumstances, but Covid hasn’t been good. I’ve advertised my 67 VW split screen bus now. Perhaps that will sell and I can then keep the 914.

I’ll then have a 72 911 ST, a 1959 356A and a 1976 914. These are the three cars that’ll join me on my wife and me on our return back to the UK in 2 years time - into retirement land.

So a buyer for the 914 - will need to come forward in the next few days - or it’s a RNM for me!

Gary
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Jul 24 2020, 01:57 AM
Post #49

Update.

I’ve listed the VW bus on BaT. Will go live in a couple of weeks. 914 will be a keeper. More I drive it, the more I like it.

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #50

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(gturner008 @ Jul 24 2020, 03:57 AM) *

Update.

I’ve listed the VW bus on BaT. Will go live in a couple of weeks. 914 will be a keeper. More I drive it, the more I like it.

hey, i want to commend you on how you handled and reacted/did not react to some of the criticism regarding your f/s ad. First off- that discussion and comments were and rhodguy said were out of line and completely off base and against the stated rules for the FS ad classifieds section. different if its in the garage but it was not! so great job and i dont think i would have been so diplomatic as you, but anyway i would never begrudge someone to make a profit on a car or as Kevin said on a house or what ever. Buy low sell hi if you can. I have made and lost on home sales, but one house i bought for $175k and years later i sold for $425k!!! i would never apologize for that i made a nice profit , it was the market was at the time in 2004/5! so moving on now, but if you end up relisting or bumping this due to need to sell, more power to you. I have restored my car over the past 10 years, i paid $2k and would not sell it for less than $50k, that iswhat itsinsured for as well. Yours is a low miles original non restored car so yes its worth atlease that based on other sales in auctions etc this past 2 years, you will have no issues with Haggerty to iinsure that for agreed value of $65-$75k i am sure. but just wanted to say Welcome and encourage you to post in the Garage and keep us posted on your ownership of this nice car.

And good luck getting the other stuff to sell, but good decision to keep the 914 and the 356 from an investment and enjoyment perspective.

Phil
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:43 AM